Do you have dry hair? No longer — try these natural hair masks!
Since your hair is exposed to pollution and all kinds of things that can dry it out, make a point to use these hair masks at least once a week.
Dry hair is a very common problem. While there are a lot of commercial treatments out there that promise to prevent it, it’s normal to some extent, just because of the sun and environmental toxins.
Both the strands of your hair and your scalp may show it if your hair follicles are not getting enough moisture. That’s why it’s a good idea to use natural hair masks as part of your beauty routine to counteract it.
Plus, they’re much less expensive than products you’d buy at the store, and while they may take a bit longer to show results, they’re a great way to get moisturized, shiny hair. Ready to try them? Today you can learn 6 easy recipes for you to make at home.
1. Avocado and wheat germ oil
Due to the large amounts of fatty acids and antioxidants in avocados, they’re one of the best ingredients if you want to make a hair mask for dry hair. It will revitalize your hair, promote healthy growth, and strengthen it. It will also minimize hair loss.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil (15 g)
- Mash the avocado and mix it with the oil.
- Next, separate your hair into pieces and smooth the mask on from the roots to the ends.
- Cover with a shower cap and let it sit for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with warm water and use twice a week.
2. Unflavored gelatin and rosemary oil
The amino acids in unflavored gelatin help renew hair that has been damaged by the sun and chemicals in hair products. Here we’ll enhance the effect by adding rosemary oil. Rosemary is a medicinal plant that helps fix hair problems.
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary oil (5 g)
- First, dilute the unflavored gelatin in the water and heat on the stove.
- Once it reaches a boil, remove from the heat and let it sit 10 minutes.
- Then add the rosemary oil and mix well.
- Next, moisten your hair and smooth the treatment on until completely covered.
- Let it sit 15 minutes and then rinse.
- Use once a week.
3. Milk, egg, and almond oil for dry hair
The ingredients in this mask contain amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals with the power to deeply nourish dry, fragile hair.
- 5 tablespoons of milk (75 ml)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil (15 ml)
- Combine all ingredients and beat with a fork until it’s well-mixed.
- Cover your hair with the mask and let it sit 40 minutes.
4. Mayonnaise and olive oil
The oils in this hair mask will restore the natural oils that your hair loses when it’s dehydrated from prolonged sun exposure or harsh hair products.
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (40 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- Mix the ingredients until it forms a creamy paste.
- Then separate your hair into pieces and apply the hair mask until completely covered.
- Next, let it sit 20 minutes and rinse.
- Use two or three times a week for good results.
5. Banana and honey
This hair mask contains vitamins A, C, and E as well as minerals and natural enzymes that will speed up the recovery of dry, damaged hair. In fact, it is a great replacement for conventional conditioner, since it will leave your hair soft, shiny, and untangled.
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- Mash the ripe banana with a fork.
- Once you get a thick paste, mix it with the honey.
- Next, smooth the mask onto damp hair, starting at the roots.
- Then cover it completely with a shower cap and let it sit 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with plenty of lukewarm water and use it twice a week.
In addition to using these natural hair masks, remember that it’s a good idea to eat better if you want your hair to be healthy. Drink enough water, stay away from harsh chemicals, and you’ll see the change in a matter of days.