Discover How to Make Breaded Eggplant
Eggplants have many antioxidants and nutrients. Breaded eggplant is a yummy and easy-to-make recipe. Learn how to make it here!
There are many ways to make eggplants. If you’re a fan of them, you should totally make this breaded eggplant recipe. You’ll definitely wow your friends and family with it!
Eggplant is a fruit that can be used in most cuisines. It’s also really appreciated in many cultures. The best part of all is that you can roast, sauté, fry, or bake it.
Eggplant contains multiple flavonoids that help improve skin pigment and it also has antioxidant properties. That’s why nutritionists recommend eating it to prevent degenerative cardiovascular diseases and even to help treat cancer.
This is why preparing eggplant any way you like is a safe bet for your health. You can try different culinary tricks that will enhance its flavor. In addition, you can use your favorite seasonings to enjoy this fruit however you like.
Regarding the breading, this culinary technique consists of covering or coating vegetables, meat, chicken, or fish with breadcrumbs before frying them in oil, butter, or lard. However, you don’t necessarily have to use bread for the breading. We know that most breading recipes are usually made with that ingredient, but you can also use wheat flour or corn.
We guarantee that your eggplants will come out really tasty when using this technique. This means you have nothing to lose! Learn how to make this breaded eggplant recipe today.
How to Make Breaded EggplantBreaded eggplant is an excellent recipe for vegetarians.
However, please remember that, if you don’t prepare the eggplants well, they’ll be hard to eat. This is why we’re going to share a trick that will make them tender so you can enjoy them a lot more.
If you’re looking for a purely vegetarian or vegan dish, this is the perfect recipe for you. You can eat this recipe with any garnish you want, such as rice, quinoa, or pasta. If you decide on the latter, you should cut the eggplant into pieces instead of slices and add any sauce you like.
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (150 g)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of pepper (15 g)
- ½ tablespoon of parsley powder (8 g)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (30 ml)
- ¼ cup of olive oil (40 ml)
- 1 ½ cups of water (300 ml)
A lot of people don’t like eating eggplant because of its peculiar taste. However, it all depends on how you make it and what ingredients you use to season it. We’ll tell you all about how to make a great breaded eggplant in this recipe:
- To begin, cut the eggplant into one-inch thick slices.
- Then, in a large bowl, pour the cups of water and add a tablespoon of salt. Place the eggplant slices in the water and let them soften a bit. This also guarantees that the eggplants won’t absorb as much oil which means they’ll come out juicier.
- Next, in a separate bowl, make a mixture with the balsamic vinegar, the rest of the salt, the pepper, and the parsley.
- Once the eggplant slices have softened a bit, place them inside the mixture you just made and marinate them for 15 minutes.
- Then, spread the breadcrumbs on a separate plate and coat the eggplants well with it.
- Finally, fry the eggplants with a little olive oil. Don’t worry about the oil, since the eggplant slices won’t absorb as much since they were immersed in water before preparation.
- Enjoy your delicious breaded eggplants with the garnish of your choice.
- If you want the eggplant slices to have a crunchy texture, you just have to freeze the slices for at least 30 minutes before seasoning and frying them.
- If you don’t want to use olive oil, you can use coconut oil. This will give them a sweeter flavor.
- You don’t have to use balsamic vinegar. Although it gives food a yummy hint of acidity, you can use Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce instead.
- For people who don’t like fried foods, you can make these eggplants au gratin. This will make this recipe a lot healthier.