Can fruits really tone and bolster your skin and fight flaccidity? Certainly! This may surprise you, because we are all accustomed to buying numerous creams and spending a lot of money on beauty treatments in order to have a toned and firm figure.
And then? Does this mean that it is enough to just eat from this list of fruits? Not really. In reality, it means you must maintain a balanced diet and increase your consumption of all those foods that provide collagen and other nutrients necessary for the skin at all stages of life.
Any help is good and your face creams can continue to be appropriate. However, in order to increase their effect it is necessary that you “feed your skin” from within. And this is where these fruits rise up as your best allies day in and day out.
1. The power of vitamin C found in oranges
Which fruit contains the most vitamin C to help bolster your skin? Oranges. They are also very well suited to be eaten each morning along with a glass of warm water with lemon, which is ideal to purify your body from toxins and to get a good supply of vitamins and antioxidants.
The vitamin C present in oranges and lemons is the ultimate anti-aging ingredient. Thanks to it, your body can better absorb iron and calcium. The only problem is that it is soluable, that is, the vitamin C dissolves in water, which can then be lost by means of urination and therefore we need to continually replenish it.
Vitamin C is also a wonderful antioxidant capable of caring for the DNA of our cells and of protecting us from the dreaded free radicals that wrinkle our skin, helping to prevent the signs of aging and also promoting the synthesis of collagen.
In what ways can we benefit from oranges?
1. Eat an orange with honey each day
You can begin your day with a glass of warm water with lemon, but in the middle of the day for your lunch, it would be good to eat a natural peeled orange, cut into pieces with a little bit of honey.
2. Toning remedy made from orange peel
- The peel of 3 oranges
- 1 liter (32 ounces) of water
- This tonic is wonderful to bolster your skin but, how should we prepare it? It is as easy as taking the peel from three oranges and boiling them in a liter (32 ounces) of water, until they are well cooked, for at least 20 minutes.
- After this time, turn off the heat and let them sit for an hour. Then strain the contents and put this toning water into a glass bottle and keep it in the fridge.
- You should apply this fresh orange water to your face 3 times a day, using a cotton swab. Clean, tone and bolster your skin. Leave it on all day, there is no need to wash your face or remove this orange water. You can use it for your face or any part of your body that you want to bolster, such as the thighs or the stomach.
2. Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) from grapes, cherries and avocados
If you become accustomed to regularly eating these types of fruits, which are rich in acetylsalicylic acid, you will see how your skin beauty and tone increases day by day. You can eat them in their natural form, in juice or also benefit from their properties by using homemade creams.
Now then, which are the fruits highest in acetylsalicylic acid? Take note of the following, so they are never missing from your daily diet:
- Red grapes (these have more tannin, and therefore, more antioxidants to help your skin).
- Mandarin oranges
How can we get the most benefits from these fruits rich in acetylsalicylic acid?
- Include red grapes in your breakfast, remembering to always eat them with their skin on, since it is where you find the most benefits.
- Eat cherries whenever you can and when they are in season. It is enough to eat just 10 a day, after lunch. In addition to bolstering your skin, they are known to help treat arthritis pain.
- The juice from mandarin oranges is ideal for the middle of the day. Drink it freshly squeezed.
- Avocados are wonderful for your skin but since they have a high caloric index, it would be best not to eat more than a half avocado each day. You can also prepare facial masks from avocados which will bring a firmness to your skin, many of which we have talked about in other blog articles.
3. Strawberries and watermelon, stimulants of collagen
Collagen is a protein that can only be obtained from animal sources. However, there are many foods that can help our bodies to produce it and which stimulate its synthetization. You can eat beef and pork, you can eat fish or make yourself a dessert with the always appropriate gelatin. You can also benefit from two fruits that will help you firm your skin due to their high content of antioxidants, water and vitamins:
How can you take advantage of the benefits from watermelon and strawberries?
- When strawberries and watermelon are in season, do not hesitate to eat them in their natural form or in delicious smoothies. These fruits act as mediators to the production of collagen and, further, they will help hydrate your skin, due to their high percentage of water. Enjoy them as much as possible.