Discover the 6 Best Natural Remedies to Prevent Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a chronic health problem that takes place when bones become thin and susceptible to fractures. As you may already know, this is due to diminishing bone density.
This occurs when the body has a problem absorbing a sufficient quantity of calcium and vitamin D.
At the same time, it can also be due to the disintegration of the internal micro-architecture of the bone. It can occur because of bad habits and the development of other diseases.
Complications tend to take place in the wrists, the hips and the spine, even though other areas can be affected, too. This limits movement.
Unfortunately, it is a condition that develops gradually. This may cause it to continue undetected in the initial stages.
Although it’s more common in the elderly, many people can develop it earlier as an effect of trauma or genetic issues.
Whatever the case, there are some natural remedies that benefit bones, lessening the risk of suffering illnesses.
In the following article, we would like to point out the 6 best natural remedies for osteoporosis.
1. Eggshells with lemon juice
This ancient home preparation contains high concentrations of calcium and other essential minerals that help to fortify the bones.
Even though many believe that eggshells are garbage, in reality, they’re a significant source of nutrients that are worth taking advantage of.
- 1 eggshell
- juice of 1 lemon
- Grind the eggshells into small pieces and let them soak for 24 hours in a container with lemon juice.
- Then, strain them in a colander and drink the liquid.
- Repeat this every day.
Do you want to know more? Read: 5 cosmetic uses of eggs for the skin and hair
2. Oat and almond smoothie
A natural mixture of oats and almonds contributes fiber, antioxidants, and essential minerals to your bones.
Almonds are one of the best sources of calcium. They’re ideal for those who cannot ingest milk and dairy products.
- 3 tablespoons of rolled oats
- 6 almonds
- a ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 cup of water
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and beat until creamy and mixed.
- Drink this at least three times a week.
3. Red clover infusion
Red clover is a plant rich in insoflavons, which play a very important role in the balance of estrogen levels during menopause.
It contributes calcium, magnesium, and potassium to increase the density of the skeletal system. This prevents fractures and osteoporosis.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of red clover flowers
- Boil the water and add the clover flowers.
- Let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes, then drain in a colander and drink the liquid.
- Drink this daily or several times a week.
4. Broccoli and apple smoothie
Broccoli is one of the vegetables with the highest amount of calcium. At the same time, it provides minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
In this case, we suggest combining the ingredients with carrots, lettuce and apple. This combination optimizes properties to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- 1/2 C. of broccoli
- leaves of lettuce
- 3 carrots
- 1 apple
- glass of water
- Thoroughly wash the ingredients and mix them in a blender with the water.
- Process until well mixed and drink immediately.
- Repeat several times a week.
5. Parsley infusion
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory components of parsley are useful in the preventative treatment of joint and skeletal system problems.
It contains boron and fluoride, two essential components that help prevent bone density loss and fractures.
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 cup of water
- Add the parsley to boiling water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour it through a colander and drink.
- Drink up to 2 time a day.
6. Milk and sesame seeds
As some of you already know, milk is one of the most important sources of calcium found in nature.
Therefore, if you’re not allergic to lactose, milk is one of the best preventative remedies against osteoporosis.
Its effects combine with amino acids and minerals from the sesame seeds, and ingredient which strengthens bones.
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 tablespoon of ground sesame seeds
- Heat the milk and mix with the ground sesame seeds.
- Drink a minimum of 3 times a week.
Are you ready to try theses remedies? Prepare these drinks on a regular basis and take advantage of all of their benefits.