Discover 5 Great Cosmetic Uses for Coconut Oil
Thanks to its texture and great hydrating power, coconut oil is a great alternative to create different cosmetic treatments that allow us to take care of our skin.
Coconut oil is a very popular product among celebrities. Even though it’s known for its medicinal and culinary applications, in the last several years it has played a very important role as a natural cosmetic.
It’s rich in essential fatty acids, antibacterial compounds and vitamin E. It’s one of the hydrating products that help to beautify the hair as well as the skin.
Because of this, it’s added to many creams and conventional beauty treatments. More and more, women are opting to use it in its natural state.
Even though not everyone has had the opportunity to try it, it’s a great ally against premature signs of aging, dryness and other problems that tend to often come up.
Since many people just don’t know how to include it in their beauty routine, we are going to show 5 interesting treatments in the following article.
Don’t miss trying them!
1. Treatment for stretch marks
Fatty acids and amino acids that are in coconut oil are nutrients that help to regenerate the skin in order to minimize the look of stretch marks.
Results aren’t immediate, but using its continually clears up the affected areas and avoids the appearance of new marks.
• 2 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil (30g)
• 1 Tablespoon of almond oil
• Combine the organic coconut oil with a tablespoon of almond oil.
• Rub this mixture on the stress marks, massaging until it’s completely absorbed.
• Allow it to sit without rinsing and repeat every night until going to bed.
Did you know?”: 11 foods that reduce stretch marks
2. Treatment for hair loss
The vitamins and minerals that coconut oil contain help to strengthen the roots of the hair to diminish excessive hair loss.
Its regular use helps to clean the hair follicles and at the same time promotes the growth of new hair.
• 3 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil (45 g )
• 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (16 g )
• Heat the coconut oil on low heat.
• When melted, and warm, add the olive oil.
• Check that the temperature is comfortable for the scalp and gently massage into the scalp.
• Separate the hair into several strands for easier application.
• Let it sit for 40 minutes and then rinse.
• Use it at least 3 times per week.
3. Moisturizing treatment for hair
The healthy oils that coconut oil contains help to boost the natural oils from hair to diminish excess dryness.
• 2 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil (30 g)
• 2 Tablespoons of natural yogurt (40 g)
• Combine the yogurt and the coconut oil in a pan.
• Dampen the hair, separate it into several strands, and massage the treatment into the hair.
• Let sit for 30 minutes and then rinse.
• Use 2 or 3 times a week.
4. Treatment to moisturize the skin
Some women use coconut oil to replace moisturizing creams since it’s 100% natural and its components don’t alter the activity of the sebaceous glands.
In place of creams, it helps to retain the moisture in the skin and facilitates the elimination of dead cells and impurities.
• 5 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil (75 g)
• 1 Tablespoon of cocoa butter (20 g)
• 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla oil (2 g)
• Put the coconut oil in a pan over a double boiler.
• Add cocoa butter and allow ingredients to melt on a low setting for 2 or 3 minutes.
• When all is melted and well mixed, remove from the heat and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
• Then add vanilla oil.
• When the product is solidified, take a small amount and apply it to the area you would like to moisturize.
• Use it twice a day, everyday.
Do you want to know more?
5. Exfoliates for the lips
This oil is ideal to regenerate the delicate skin of the lips. It also works to remove the dead skin that makes the lips look dry.
• 2 Tablespoons of organic coconut oil. (30 g)
• 1 Tablespoon of honey (25 g)
• 1 Tablespoon of sugar
• Mix the coconut oil, sugar and honey in a container.
• Put in a jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator to keep fresh.
• Take a little exfoliate on the tip of your fingers and apply it to the lips, making soft massaging circles.
• Allow to sit for 5 minutes and rinse off.
• Use 2 times a week.
Are you ready to enjoy the cosmetic benefits of this oil? Purchase it from cosmetic shops, herb stores or even supermarkets and get enthused about trying these treatments!