Shed Fat with These Healthy Dinners
These dinner options will help you slim in a healthy way. Try them, and you'll see they'll give you very good results. Besides, you'll wake up feeling refreshed.
Dinnertime is key indeed. A lot of nutritionists emphasize the importance of dinner for following a healthy diet that doesn’t lead to weight gain. By controlling your caloric intake and choosing the most appropriate foods at night, you can shed fat naturally. So, would you like to know more?
The Importance of Dinner for Weight Loss
A healthy and balanced dinner will help you not only look well physically but also rest better at night. As a result, you’ll achieve a higher quality of life.
Sometimes, in an effort to shed fat, we make grave mistakes, like eating little throughout the day. Accordingly, at night, we’re starving. Therefore, we end up overeating at dinnertime.
Skipping dinner because you want to lose weight is another way of taking a wrong step. Nutritionists say this is certainly a mistake.
If you want to shed that fat, then you must eat each meal throughout the day but make sure it’s balanced. Besides, you should know what foods to include on your table. Let’s take a look.
When It Comes to Dinner, What Should You Keep in Mind If You Want to Shed Fat?
- Dinner should provide 15-20% of your daily energy requirements. This should be based on balanced calories, and it’s the time of day that you need the lowest number of calories.
- For the most part, people usually eat a small breakfast and lunch. This is a mistake as this habit doesn’t help shed fat.
- Work and obligations sometimes make us arrive home feeling very hungry. As a result, we end up preparing a huge and high-calorie dinner.
- There’s another mistake you can easily make: not eating dinner. If you skip this meal, then there’ll be a decrease in your blood sugar levels. This is hypoglycemia, and it reduces your metabolism. Once that happens, your body begins burning fewer calories. In other words, you’ll shed no fat.
- Dinner is the last meal of the day. When you eat properly at dinner, you balance out the rest of the meals throughout the day. An appropriate portion of proteins and very few fats will certainly help your metabolism function properly.
- Snacks, cereal and even fruit can make you gain weight if they’re your dinner choices. Cereals contain fiber, but they also have a lot of sugar. The same goes for fruits. Nutritionists say that eating just fruit at night causes digestive problems and doesn’t help in weight loss.
Dinners That Help Burn Fat
- The juice from one small beet plus one medium apple. This is both cleansing and satiating.
- Grilled chicken breast with lemon juice. The proteins contained in lean meats such as chicken and turkey stimulate your metabolism during digestion. In other words, they cause you to consume more energy (30% of the calories they contain). If you add an antioxidant juice, such as that of lemon, then you’ll have a perfect combination.
- Greek yogurt with cinnamon. This might surprise you, but Greek yogurt has lots of proteins and helps burn calories. A good idea is to also add cinnamon to it because just one teaspoon a day mixed with food accelerates the metabolic processing of sugars by 20%. Besides, this amount of cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels. Don’t forget this.
- Pineapple juice.
- A plate of whole grain rice with mushrooms, pepper (or spicy peppers). Chili, cayenne or spicy peppers not only lower lipids in the body but also prevent the proliferation of fat cells. Mushrooms contain iodine and are perfect for thyroid functioning and fat burning.
- Red salad (with satiating, diuretic foods that help burn fat).
- 150 grams of beets, cut into small pieces
- 100 grams of carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 50 grams of onion, diced
- Dressing of orange juice, one tablespoon of olive oil and pepper
- One serving of grilled turkey.
- Celery soup. Celery is not only a diuretic but also an excellent tonic rich in potassium, chlorine, copper, sulfur, calcium and sodium. As a diuretic, it eliminates uric acid.
- Spinach and turkey salad.
- 50 grams of spinach
- 1 turkey breast, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Dressing of one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and olive oil
- One small cup of grapes.
- Orange and carrot salad.
- Lettuce, cut into small strips
- 100 grams of carrots, grated
- 50 grams of onion, diced
- 1 orange, cut into pieces
- Dressing of the juice of one lemon, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper
- One hake fillet. It’s rich in omega-3 and fatty acids that activate metabolism.
Day 6 (Optional)
- Cold borscht or cold beet soup.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 kilo of beets
- fresh herbs
- Squeeze the lemons.
- Peel and cut the beets.
- Cook in plenty of salted water. Bring to a boil.
- Set the boiled water aside.
- Place the beets in a food processor, and blend, while adding cooking water slowly.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and sugar.
Over the course of a few days, you can use the diet here to create whatever combinations you like.
As a recommendation, however, it’s always better to use raw vegetables (especially in regard to spinach). These increase metabolism even more and contain digestive enzymes that could be lost during cooking. Also, stay away from carbonated drinks and replace them with water.
Lastly, remember that you should eat 2 hours before going to bed.