Dinnertime is key. A lot of nutritionists emphasize the importance of dinner for following a healthy diet that does not lead to weight gain. Controlling your caloric intake and choosing the most appropriate foods at night will help you lose weight naturally. Would you like to know more?
A healthy and balanced dinner will help you not only look better physically, but it will also help you rest better at night and achieve a higher quality of life. Sometimes we make very grave mistakes, like eating little throughout the day and then eating your “main course” at night. Or simply skipping dinner because you want to lose weight. Nutritionists say this is a mistake. You must eat each and every meal throughout the day, but make sure it is balanced, and know which foods to include on your table. Let’s take a look.
The importance of dinner for weight loss
- Dinner should provide 15-20% of your daily energy requirements. This should be based on balanced calories, and it is the time of day that we need the least amount of calories.
- The majority of the population habitually eats a small breakfast and lunch. This is a mistake. Being in a hurry, work and obligations sometimes make us arrive home very hungry, and we end up preparing a huge and high-calorie dinner.
- There’s another mistake we can easily make: not eating dinner. If you lower your blood sugar levels, the small hypoglycemia reduces your metabolism, which considerably reduces the amount of calories you use. You will also feel more anxious and will definitely eat too much during the day.
- Dinner is the last meal of the day. If you eat properly, you will balance out the rest of the meals throughout the day. An appropriate portion of proteins and very few fats will help your metabolism function properly.
- Never “snack” for dinner. Snacking, a bowl of cereal, and even pieces of fruit can make you gain weight. Cereals contain fiber, but they also contain a lot of sugar. Just like fruits. Nutritionists say that eating just fruit at night will cause digestive problems and will not help in weight loss.
Dinners that help burn fat
– The juice from one small beet plus one medium apple: this is cleansing and satiating.
– Grilled chicken breast with lemon juice: the proteins contained in lean meats like chicken or turkey, stimulate the metabolism during digestion, thereby causing you to consume more energy (30% of the calories they contain). If you also add an antioxidant juice like lemon juice, this makes it a perfect combination.
– Greek yogurt with cinnamon. This might surprise you but Greek yogurt has lots of proteins and helps burn calories. A good idea would be to also add cinnamon to the mixture, because just one teaspoon a day mixed with food will accelerate the metabolic processing of sugars by 20% and will also lower blood sugar levels. Do not forget this.
– A plate of whole grain rice with mushrooms, pepper (or spicy peppers): chili, cayenne or spicy peppers lower lipids in the body and prevent the proliferation of fat cells. Mushrooms contain iodine and are perfect for thyroid functioning and burning fats.
- 150 grams beets, cut into small pieces
- 100 grams carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 50 grams onion, diced
- Dressing with orange juice, one tablespoon of olive oil, pepper
– One serving of grilled turkey
– Spinach and turkey salad
- 50 grams spinach
- 1 turkey breast, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves or garlic, mined
- Dressing with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and olive oil
– One small cup of grapes
- Lettuce, cut into small strips
- 100 grams of carrots, grated
- 50 grams onion, diced
- 1 orange, cut into pieces
- Dressing with the juice from one lemon, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sat and pepper
– One hake fillet: rich in omega-3 and fatty acids that activate the metabolism.
Day 6 (optional)
– Cold Borscht or cold beet soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 kilo beets
- Fresh herbs
– Squeeze the lemons.
– Peel and cut the beets. Cook in plenty of salted water. Bring to a boil.
– Set the boiled water aside.
– Process the beets, adding cooking water slowly.
– Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and sugar.
Over the course of a few days, you can use the diet here to create whatever combinations you like. As a recommendation, however, it’s always better to add raw vegetables (especially in regards to spinach), because they increase the metabolism even more and contain digestive enzymes that could be lost during cooking. Also remember to stay away from carbonated drinks and substitute them with water. Lastly, remember that you should eat 2 hours before going to bed.