Did you know that it’s important to divide your days into sections in order to avoid excessive work affecting your health? After all, it’s important to do different activities in addition to rest and fun.
Today’s world is very demanding and hectic.
Levels of tension and anxiety are ready to explode at any moment. Time flies by and work seems to increase all the time.
Many people are overwhelmed with the amount of work they have. Unfortunately, this is a key factor in the development of cardiac diseases.
There are a lot of people today who work extra hours. Besides lacking time to enjoy life, this could also cause serious danger to their health and increase the probability of having heart attacks.
Work is good, but not in excess. Everything should have limits.
The health consequences of excessive work
When working more than normal, your body feels it. Plus, the signs appear earlier than you can imagine.
It starts to show all kind of fatigue symptoms such as:
- Dizziness or nausea
- Blurry vision
- Back pain
The problem is that many people don’t pay attention to these types of signs.
Even one extra hour of work each day can have an impact on your health. Normally, what people do as a response to excess work is to work harder.
However, doing this puts their health at a serious risk. Working too hard jeopardizes your health.
Want to know more? Read: Pushing yourself often isn’t worth it
Physical or mental work
These health consequences are not just derived from physical health. Work that implies mental strain can also be consequential.
These are the principal causes of ailments like stress and anxiety. Besides excess work, additional factors may also be harmful:
- Excess work combined with obesity and being sedentary increase the probabilities of suffering a heart attack.
- The situation worsens if the person is a smoker. This is a dangerous combination of probabilities of having cardiovascular problems.
The prevention of heart attacks and strokes
Working too much is one of the principal causes of these types of attacks.
Anxiety, stress, and exhaustion all come from too much work. These conditions give way to these types of health problems. Thus, i’s necessary to pay attention to the signs that your body gives you.
Take measures to to prevent these types of attacks. Remember: you can’t put these solutions off indefinitely. This could mean that it’s just too late.
Advice for your work day
• First, it’s necessary to establish a standard work day.
• Extra hours should be added only if very necessary. If your body is already compromised, it’s better not to work extra hours.
• Not taking work home is a good option to prevent heart problems. When leaving the workplace, it’s good to disconnect from your job. It’s not helpful to come home and continue working. After all, this is the equivalent of extra hours.
• A person needs to divide the day into three parts: work, rest, and leisure time.
• If possible, the three parts should last equal amounts of time. The healthiest way is to dedicate 8 hours to each.
A positive mental outlook in regard to problems at work
An obsession with work brings negative consequences. Extra hours only end up paying for the cost of health care.
Before anything, never forget that health is number one. This is above pending work, problems with colleagues, or responsibilities.
All of this is intertwined with the important question of the capacity to disconnect. It’s very important not to bring problems from work home.
In order to disconnect, physical activities and entertainment help a lot.
A good walk for a half hour, a sport, the gym, or a dance class are all good to clear your head. Also, there are other similar activities such as music, meditation, hobbies, etc.
Take care of yourself and your body will thank you.