Meals to Detox Your Liver in Two Weeks
Drinking a glass of water with lemon and olive oil will help remove toxins from your body and keep it running smoothly.
Your liver is the organ that suffers more than any other as a result of a poor diet, an excess of bad habits, and also of negative emotions. Now is the time to carry out a natural liver cleanse! In today’s article, find out the best meals to detox your liver in just 15 days, by following these easy and natural food guidelines.
Meals to detox your liver: breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it’s the meal that should start your day off with lot of energy. Skipping breakfast is a serious mistake – eating breakfast not only helps you maintain a healthy weight, but it also keeps you from being hungry during the remainder of the day, which, in turn, also prevents feelings of fatigue.
It is one of the most important meals to detox your liver. In this 15 day liver detox, every morning before breakfast you should drink a glass of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of high-quality olive oil and the juice from half of a lemon.
You can also consume each component separately, if you prefer. This first step will help the body start its daily organ cleanse, especially the liver.
Next, you’ll make yourself a breakfast smoothie. Although the following list of ingredients might surprise you, don’t be put off by its appearance. It tastes delicious!
You’ll blend the following ingredients:
- 1 fruit, either an apple or a pear
- 1 medium sized ripe banana
- A handful of spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina power
- 2 pitted prunes
- A handful of nuts (walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts), best if ground beforehand
- ½ cup of oats
- A pinch of ginger and cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of yeast powder
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Blend your ingredients until you get as smooth a texture as possible. Don’t drink the entire beverage at once, as you’ll need to drink it little by little over the course of the morning.
The food you eat is also very important, especially in the evenings when the liver is at is busiest. In your meals to detox your liver, try to maintain a balanced diet and take care not to overeat.
Your menu could be made up of:
- Salad, gazpacho (Spanish cold tomato soup), or roasted vegetables
- Whole grains or starches: rice, semolina, potatoes, sweet potatoes, breads, etc.
- Protein: lean meats, fish, eggs, beans, or vegetable protein (tofu, seitan, tempeh)
- Healthy fats: olive oil, nuts, avocados
You can alternate the foods, but always try to include one component of each category.You should try going without dessert, which can actually worsen digestion, but if you’re hungry you can try one of the following options:
- Apple, pear, pineapple, or papaya
- Homemade apple compote
- Cottage cheese with honey
What you eat for dinner is very important for the well being of your liver, because this is the time of day when your body needs additional energy. Try to eat something light so you don’t go to bed hungry, and be strict about this if you really want your detox to be effective.
Here are several different dinner options you can choose from, and you can decide what you prefer and alternate between them:
- Vegetable soup with hard boiled egg and whole wheat bread
- Gazpacho soup and grilled fish
- Omelet with zucchini and a salad
- Sauteed vegetables with mushrooms and cheese
- Corn or rice cakes with tomato, avocado, and turkey
- Apple sauce with cottage cheese and walnuts
In between meals
To complete your liver detox you can strengthen the benefits of the cleanse throughout the day by drinking some helpful teas. Choose any one of the following, and don’t be afraid to mix them up:
If you need to sweeten them, add a little stevia. These are even stronger with some added lemon juice. If you drink them at night before bedtime the effects are increased, because your liver fworks hardest during the night.