Detox Your Body in Three Days with This Diet
Not having time to choose, combine, and cook foods well is a major reason why people don’t eat well. If junk food occupies too large a part of your diet, maybe you should follow a diet to detox your body in three days and then improve your eating habits.
Many times, people lead a lifestyle that doesn’t really benefit them in terms of long-term health. You get carried away by the frenzy, anxiety, and the desire for immediate satisfaction and end up choosing without thinking.
As a result, you may feel a constant feeling of tiredness that you try to fight with cups of coffee and various sugary edibles, such as buns and sweets.
However, your body doesn’t need sugar or caffeine to be healthy but a good diet and, in general, a less harmful lifestyle, instead.
The body needs more nutrients and healthy foods. To make a good meal plan, you need inspiration. A diet to detoxify the body in three days can be a good starting point.
What does your body say?
The body always speaks in its own way. You must learn to listen to it and understand its signals. You must also pay attention to how you feel on the days you eat well and the days you just eat anything you can.
There are differences, and you should keep this in mind to make better decisions and, thus, lead a smarter and healthier lifestyle.
Detox diet guidelines
A diet to detoxify your body in three days isn’t a miracle plan to lose a few pounds and eliminate any other inconvenience you may have. It’s simply a plan that can help you begin to improve your eating habits.
Here are a few guidelines you should follow:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, instead of industrial bakery products, candy, custard, and other sugary edibles.
- Add light preparations (such as broths and creams) into meals to curve your appetite and avoid hunger.
- Replace refined flours with whole grains.
- Reduce your consumption of fried foods and prepare foods in other ways (steamed, baked, or grilled, for example)
- Replace custards, puddings, cheeses and the like with natural, unsweetened yogurt.
- Reduce the amount of sugar you add to foods, including coffees and infusions.
- Cut your salt intake. Instead, opt for aromatic herbs and spices.
- Improve your daily hydration (if you usually don’t drink a lot of water) and moderate your consumption of coffee and related beverages.
More water to hydrate your body
Instead of drinking so much coffee and stimulating substances, try to drink water and natural drinks (such as herbal teas and fruit-flavored waters) without sugar or sweeteners.
Water will help hydrate your body well and stimulate urination, thus eliminating retained fluids so you’ll feel less bloated. This will boost your well-being.
You don’t necessarily have to drink two liters of water a day, as you should drink water when you’re thirsty.
However, if you notice that you only drink 2 glasses of water at most a day and that your urine isn’t light but rather dark in color, you should drink more water.
Discover: 7 Fruits that Keep Your Body Hydrated
Keys to a good detox diet
In order not to put your health at risk, it’s important for moderation to reign supreme in your diet. In other words, you shouldn’t starve or “punish” yourself.
To apply the best measures depending on your case, it’s best to consult with a nutritionist.
Here are some tips to improve your habits in three days:
- Drink water whenever you’re thirsty (and remember that you also get water from the fruits and vegetables you eat).
- Reduce your consumption of flour and processed sugars. Opt for whole-grain flour instead.
- Choose different fruits and vegetables so you don’t get bored with them.
- Fruits are an excellent source of natural sugar and contain many nutrients. Choose diuretics like pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, and tomato, among others.
- Don’t forget about nuts for snacks, on their own or with some yogurt.
- It’s best not to consume carbohydrates for dinner. Try to make sure to eat a light dinner at least three hours before bed.
- For proteins, go for fresh meat and fish. Prepare them without condiments and eat them in small portions.
- Reduce your salt intake in order to prevent fluid retention and to stimulate diuresis.
- Forget about fried foods and opt for other cooking methods such as steaming and baking.
Here, we’re going to give you an example of what you can consume on the diet to detoxify your body. Remember that you can eat pieces of fruit, mixed salads, nuts, natural yogurt, or vegetables with hummus between meals.
- Take a whole-wheat toast and add low-fat cheese and some hard-boiled eggs. Drink some citrus juice (lemon or orange).
- Snack: a handful of dried fruits (hazelnut, almonds, walnuts and peanuts).
- Vegetable soup. Salad, with enough raw or cooked vegetables. Accompany with light gelatin and pieces of vegetables and plenty of water.
- Snack: 10 grapes and a cup of tea.
- Chicken or meat broth. Cooked vegetables. Chicken, meat, or fish that you can eat fresh, baked, or boiled. Accompany with fruit and water. You can also eat some whole-wheat toast.
Infusions or tea
Drinking tea will be a big help in these three days. You’ll prevent fluid retention and boost the detoxification process. Infusions are good for your body and go well any time of year, whether winter or summer. Go for green tea because it contains a lot of antioxidants. It’s diuretic and there are many different types.
Remember that detox diets shouldn’t be a punishment. It’ll be a three hard days, with many restrictions, but the point is to improve your physical and mental health.
We encourage you to make good decisions after these three days. The real results will be seen if you follow a healthy and balanced eating plan and exercise regularly.It might interest you...