Simple Guide to Detox Your Mind and Body in A Day
Sometimes life gets overwhelming. In those moments, you should stop and realize that you need to take care of yourself. Making detox rituals a regular part of your life can improve your physical and mental health.
Sometimes all you need to feel well is to detox your body and mind.
Life can be complicated. You have schedules to follow, goals to meet, people who need you, and endless responsibilities. Sometimes you have to put on a happy face even when you haven’t had a moment to enjoy yourself all day.
What can be the results if we continue with these habits for several weeks or months? It could lead to high levels of stress, physical symptoms, and an exhausted mind. When you’re in that state, it’s easy for negative thoughts, frustration, and low-self-esteem to take over.
What can be done in these cases? Take a day off, if that is possible. Give yourself 24 hours and put into practice the following simple tips in order to detox your mind and body. It’s worth it!
How do you know if you need to detox your mind and body?
One fact we should keep in mind is that the ability of humans to “endure” can be really strong. We can cope with a stressful situation for several months without doing anything to deal with it.
Every day we tell ourselves that this pressure is normal, and that we must endure it, that it is better not to change anything. Until finally something happens: a drop in blood pressure, fainting or, worse, a heart attack.
This is why you should be alert to a series of symptoms that make it very clear something is going to happen. That something is not right. Take note:
- Bad mood.
- Feeling extremely tired.
- Muscle pain.
- Poor digestion.
- Constipation or diarrhea.
- Weight gain or weight loss.
- Headaches every day, especially in the first few hours of the day or just before bed.
Guide to detox your mind and body in one day
As we have indicated before, it would be most beneficial if you could enjoy a day off. Thus, you could follow these guidelines on a weekend or a weekday when your tasks and duties allow you to have 24 hours for yourself.
It is not always possible to “be alone” for an entire day. However, keep in mind that there are moments in which we are about to exceed our limits, and our mental and physical health need to take priority.
These strategies are really useful to detox your mind and body in one day. Keep them in mind.
1. Guide to follow during the morning
- Early morning. Try to avoid waking up late and staying in bed all day. Instead, set an alarm clock for a reasonable hour so you can get up early (but not too early, you still need to get enough rest). The idea is to form good habits.
- Begin the day by drinking a glass of water. It’ll help you rehydrate your body and wake up. It doesn’t matter if the water is cold or room temperature. The important thing is to drink water.
- Take a warm, five-minute shower. At the end, turn on the cold water for a few seconds. That will help you completely wake up.
- Have a healthy breakfast!
Here are some recommendations for a “detox” breakfast:
-A glass of white tea which, as you know, is the most potent antioxidant from nature.
-A bowl of fruit with a slice of pineapple, 5 strawberries, a kiwi, and a handful of unsalted nuts.
-Toasted rye bread smeared with olive oil and a little bit of honey plus two pieces of fresh fruit.
What is the next step in your day in order to detox your mind and body? Go walking for an hour, and if possible in a ‘green’ place: a park, in the mountains, or anywhere you can enjoy nature.
Walking at a brisk pace will help to free your mind and cause your heart to start pumping, which will improve your circulation and improve overall health.
Remember to carry a bottle of water with you and some nuts, such as raw almonds: which are ideal to give you energy and to calm cravings.
2. Guide to follow during the afternoon and evening
At lunchtime, you can try the following:
- A salad of spinach, lettuce, arugula, pineapple chunks, and the seeds of half a pomegranate.
- An artichoke with a little olive oil and white vinegar.
- 2 fresh fruits, such as sliced banana and apple, or mango and some avocado. You choose!
After eating, look for a tranquil place where no sounds will disturb you and where you can sit down, give yourself air and where you feel comfortable. Now it’s time to think about yourself, and for that, you’re going to get a notebook and write answers to the following:
- What is it that prevents me from feeling happy right now? Am I worried about something?
- Am I doing something wrong or something that contributes to my worries and unhappiness?
- What should I do to make myself feel better?
- Is there something I could do tomorrow in order to feel a little happier?
- Are there any changes I should make now to feel better in the long run?
- What are my dreams and desires for myself?
Write it all out, analyze it and then think about it all very carefully.
3. Guide that you should follow to end the day
Do some relaxation exercises while you listen to music and try to simply enjoy the here and now, thinking positive. That you are good and feel good.
For dinner you can prepare the following:
- Baked salmon with a little lemon juice
- Steamed Brussel sprouts.
- For dessert, have some fruit or a little plain, unsweetened yogurt.
20 or 30 minutes after you eat, take a relaxing bath.
Prepare an infusion of lavender, lemon balm and honey before going to bed.
Take a good book to bed and remove all worries from your mind. Become aware that, from now on, you are going to worry more about yourself and simplify your life in order to be happier.
Do not hesitate to detox your mind and body each time you need it. You will feel much better.