Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss and Detoxing
In addition to helping eliminate toxins, apple cider vinegar is a diuretic, meaning it helps remove excess liquid from your body. It can also help speed up your metabolism and promote weight loss.
Holidays are always the perfect excuse for chowing down to your heart’s content. However, this causes your body to become overloaded with toxins from all the food. This results in you feeling bloated, and usually, in weight gain that is not easy to reverse.
In this article, we are going to discuss an easy and healthy way to detox your body. You only need to do it for three consecutive days, and you don’t have to go hungry or make any huge sacrifices. You will, however, benefit from using apple cider vinegar for weight loss, detoxing, and tons of other things.
What are the Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent medicinal food capable of purifying and revitalizing your body thanks to its abundant nutritional value. Apple cider vinegar contains vitamins A and B, essential fatty acids, enzymes and lots of minerals like calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, zinc, iron and silicon, among many others.
Here are some of the benefits of using apple cider vinegar:
- Helps to eliminate toxins thanks to its sulfur content. It also directly affects the liver, helping to metabolize fat more efficiently.
- Aids in increasing your metabolism and removing excess fat from the body, which in turn helps with weight loss.
- Has diuretic properties, meaning it can help your body get rid of any excess fluids that are making you feel bloated.
- Helps with constipation since it increases the amount of essential intestinal flora in your body.
There are lots of great ways that you can use apple cider vinegar for weight loss. When taken regularly, though, it can also help:
- Prevent urinary tract infections and support your kidneys, keeping the urinary tract clean from acidic urine.
- Improve dry eye thanks to its vitamin A content.
- Improve your digestive processes due to being rich in enzymes. It is very useful for cases of flatulence and heartburn, feelings of heaviness, etc.
- Reduce gingivitis. If you are having issues with this condition, we recommend swishing a bit of apple cider vinegar in your mouth for a couple of minutes a day.
- Eliminate mucus.
- Reduces cholesterol, triglycerides and uric acid levels.
- Relieve coughing and sore throats.
- Prevent muscle cramps thanks to its mineral content, which includes magnesium.
- Improve the condition of your skin and hair thanks to its vitamins and minerals.
- Reduce the risk of developing liver and kidney stones, since it is a stimulant and a diuretic.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss and Other Ailments
The key to this natural remedy is taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar half an hour before each meal, mixed into a cup of room temperature water. If you suffer from heartburn, you can also add a pinch of baking soda. This will balance the mixture’s PH levels and make the drink alkaline.
It is essential that you only use high-quality, organic apple cider vinegar. To get the most out of its health benefits, the apple cider vinegar should be raw, (meaning it is unpasteurized) which is how it was always used in ancient times.
Eating a Good Diet
Besides drinking apple cider vinegar before every meal, follow these additional suggestions on what to eat and what not to eat to get the most benefits out of your efforts.
Foods to Avoid
- Red meat and sausage.
- Dairy products. Replace them with vegetarian drinks made with oats, rice, almonds, etc.
- White flour and all pastries. You can, however, eat small amounts of whole wheat bread.
- Fried food.
- Sugar. Replace it with stevia or a little bit of honey.
- Table salt. Use sea salt instead, which is much healthier.
Foods to Eat
- For breakfast, make a healthy drink such as oatmeal or a fruit smoothie using plant-based milk. You can also eat fresh or dried fruit and nuts.
- Lunch can consist of a vegetable dish or a salad, a bit of whole grain rice and some protein. This can either be legumes, lean meat, or fish.
- For dinner, you should have another vegetable dish, such as salad or gazpacho. Be sure to also eat a free-range egg, as well as a pear or an apple.
Between meals, you can eat some chopped nuts or fresh fruit. Another great thing you can do is drink cleansing infusions such as green tea, Boldo tea, and dandelion tea. Remember that you only have to follow this regimen for three days, and you are bound to be happy with the results of using apple cider vinegar for weight loss.