Detox Your Body with Strawberry and Lemon Water
Body detox methods are becoming more and more popular, including those that encourage an ongoing, healthy lifestyle. Even if we want to avoid it, we all face a wide variety of toxins in one way or another. Once they build up in our body, they can cause complications in our vital systems. Strawberry and lemon water is great detox method that can give us multiple benefits at the cost of very few calories.
These particles travel through the air and are present in many foods. If that wasn’t bad enough, they also might come from the chemical products that we use on a regular basis. While our excretory organs work continuously to filter them from our blood, some of them can remain and they can risk our health.
This is exactly why using natural detoxes is fundamental to help eliminate these toxins. Such detoxes can provide us with a surge of nutrients to minimize the effects of the toxins.
Strawberry and lemon water to purify the body
This is a drink that’s rich in antioxidants, fiber and other essential nutrients. They aid in purifying the body once they enter the bloodstream.
We recommend that you read: Do You Know the Six Foods that Have the Most Toxins?
- These ingredients protect cells from the harmful effects of toxins as well as helping organs, such as the liver, kidneys and colon do their job.
- They boast vitamins A, B and C. These are necessary vitamins for strengthening the immune system, in addition to preventing inflammation and attacks from bacteria.
- This drink has a big serving of essential minerals that help regulate the body’s electrolyte levels. It’s especially helpful after suffering from imbalances due to diarrhea or too much physical activity.
- It also stimulates the elimination of heavy metals, including mercury and lead.
- The water’s digestive properties aid in improving nutrient absorption and, over time, in regulating intestinal activity in order to prevent constipation.
Helps reduce harmful toxins and lipids
- This beverage has a slight alkaline effect that helps reduce acids in the bloodstream.
- The high amounts of antioxidants found in this strawberry and lemon water generates an anti-carcinogenic effect in the body. While it doesn’t in any way count as a miracle, it could under certain circumstances lesson the risk of tumors.
- In addition to eliminating harmful toxins, it helps to clean out the arteries by removing excessive harmful lipids such as bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Its soluble fiber content helps improve the body’s absorption of complex carbohydrates. These aid in maintaining stable blood sugar levels.
- The drink also makes for a good source of energy for the body, allowing it to work harder physically and mentally without having to consume so many calories.
- It also plays a part in balancing the activity of the nervous system. A balanced system makes it easier to control anxiety, stress and other emotional imbalances.
- As if all of this weren’t enough, strawberry and lemon water is great for skin health, because it keeps skin clean and free of signs of premature aging.
Also see: 5 Causes of Premature Aging
How to prepare strawberry and lemon water
Strawberry and lemon water is a refreshing beverage that you can take on hot days or when you feel like you need to detox.
It’s made with natural ingredients and, in order to benefit from all of its properties, you shouldn’t mix it with sugar nor sweeteners.
- 6 strawberries
- 2 cups of water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 mint leaves
- Ice cubes (as preferred)
- Firstly, wash the strawberries well and halve them.
- After that, heat up a glass of water and when it begins to boil, remove from heat and add the strawberries.
- Leave to sit for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it cools.
- After, put the mixture in a food processor along with the lemon juice and the other cup of water.
- Once well mixed, add as much ice as you want and decorate it with the mint leaves.
- To detox your body, drink a glass of strawberry and lemon water on an empty stomach and repeat in the mid-afternoon.
- Drink the beverage for 8 to 10 days, combining it with a diet that’s low in calories and fats.
- Optionally, you can choose to include it in your normal diet, 2 or 3 times a week.
Want to try this detoxifying drink? If your abdomen feels bloated, or if you feel weighed down, you might need a good detox.
Prepare this drink at home and take advantage of its benefits to clean your body from all that waste that is interfering with your health.It might interest you...