Detox Your Body with Foot Pads
Detox techniques for the body are becoming more and more popular as more people are becoming aware of the need to cleanse the body to improve health.
Constant exposure to toxins in the environment, a sedentary lifestyle and other bad habits have significantly increased the risk for many diseases.
When the body’s excretory organs have difficulty disposing of waste products, the waste travels through the blood to the tissues and cells, causing adverse reactions.
Inflammation of the lower extremities and circulation problems are a few signs that indicate the body needs to detox.
For these cases especially, there are small therapeutic pads that have become really popular recently due to their beneficial properties.
Why detox your body with foot pads?
Foot pads or cushions are a classic element in the traditional medicine of Japanese and other Eastern cultures.
With an effect similar to that of acupuncture, this alternative for detoxing the body has a positive effect on the energetic systems of the patient, improving many of the body’s functions.
According to Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, from the American Academy of Neural Therapy, the main physiological effect of this detox method is the stimulation of the liver and kidneys.
This increases the metabolic rate so that the cells of both these organs can purify the blood and body.
The method is based on reflexology, an ancient healing art that uses reflex points on the soles of the feet to activate the body’s different systems.
Once these areas are stimulated, energy is channeled and relief is obtained from the corresponding organs.
Don’t forget to read: Use Lemon Peels to Heal Your Feet
Why place the pads on the feet?
Eastern medicine suggests that the feet are a “second heart” as they help pump blood and lymph back up to the torso.
This pumping action often slows due to a lack of physical activity, leading to a pooling of blood in the feet, ankles and calves.
In fact, remaining seated for a prolonged period of time makes it up to 50% harder for your blood to circulate.
This detox methods seeks to give the bloodstream an extra push to prevent more serious conditions from developing.
How do the foot pads work?
The foot pads are listed as a therapeutic medical device and work as a poultice.
In Japan and many other countries, they’re found in many different forms, but they can also be made at home.
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 pair socks
- Self-adhesive gauze pads
- 1 small pot
- Add the vinegar to a saucepan and put on low heat.
- Chop the garlic and onion and add to the vinegar.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- After the recommended time, remove from heat and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour the solution onto the gauze pads until they are saturated, but not dripping.
- Drain the excess liquid from the pads, while trying to keep the adhesive dry.
- Place the pads on the soles of your feet and cover with socks to hold them in place while you sleep.
- The following morning, remove the pads and throw away.
- Note the dark brown color they’ve acquired.
- For the detox process to be complete and effective, you’ll need to use the pads for two consecutive weeks.
Want to know more? Read: Eliminate Foot Pain with Simple Footwear Guidelines
Keep in mind that on top of using this remedy, you’ll need to make changes to your lifestyle, including your exercise and eating habits.
After the two weeks, take a break. Repeat this process every 1-2 months. The idea is to perform a cleanse regularly to keep the body free of toxins.
Performing a cleanse regularly will help relieve inflammatory and circulatory disorders like:
- Varicose veins
- Fluid retention
- Joint pain
- Inflammation in the feet
Try this simple natural remedy and notice all the positive changes it has on your body.