How to Detox your Bladder Twice a Week
During the two days that you detox, it’s important that you avoid foods that cause fluid retention and increase your consumption of diuretic ingredients.
Your bladder, as you’re probably well aware, is the organ housed in the lower region of your abdomen where your body stores urine prior to elimination. It’s possible that you’ve never had any bladder problems in your life. However, most people have at some point or another suffered from the classic bacterial infections. And up to a third of all women have had at least one.
Has this happened to you? Has your doctor diagnosed you with cystitis lately? In that case, you probably already know how inconvenient bladder infections are. And while conventional antibiotics work well to resolve these issues, it’s a good idea to know how to prevent them. That’s why we want to tell you how you can detox your bladder twice a week.
Tips to detox your bladder twice a week
According to doctors, the reason why women tend to suffer from more frequent bladder infections than men is because the rectum is located closer to the urinary tract. This means it is more likely that bacteria will reach your bladder.
But aside from suffering from a kidney problem or a sexually transmitted disease, it’s important to know that bladder infections are very common. In fact, if you’ve had a bout of cystitis once, it’s likely to strike you again. Doctors even caution that people with certain blood types are more prone to suffer from bladder infections.
That’s why it’s always a good idea to follow a routine that will help prevent these problems. And there are some natural plants and foods that will help strengthen and cleanse your bladder. We’ll explain what you can do.
1. Drink cranberry juice with breakfastAll-natural cranberry juice isn’t always easy to acquire, but if there ever were a fruit that promoted good bladder and kidney health, it’s the cranberry.
- Cranberries are a powerful antibiotic that fight microorganisms in the urethra and bladder. They help avoid urinary tract infections in the first place.
- Thanks to their high tannin content they keep bacteria from adhering to your bladder walls. Drinking glass of fresh cranberry juice at least twice a week is an excellent preventative measure.
See also: 7 remedies for urinary tract infections
2. Foods to avoid
If you’re trying to detox your bladder, you should avoid the following products for at least two days a week:
- Carbonated or sweetened drinks
- Red meat
- Spicy foods
So what should you be eating during these two days to promote good bladder health?
- Whole grains, like linseed and sunflower
3. Juice before your meals
Before your main meal of the day, try preparing this natural juice. It’s high in potassium to help detox your bladder and protect it, along with your kidneys.
- 1 green apple
- a carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 20 grams of parsley
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
Start by washing all ingredients thoroughly. Peel the apple and cut it into smaller pieces for the blender. Do the same with your carrot and celery. Add all the ingredients to the blender and process until you get a homogeneous juice. Drink this before your main meal twice a week.
4. The benefits of chlorophyllYou can find chlorophyll in natural food stores. It’s usually sold in capsule form and is excellent for your health, especially when it comes to preventing infections and improving your metabolism. Chlorophyll strengthens your immune system and, in turn, removes toxins from the bloodstream.
Start out by taking two capsules a week and see how your health improves.
Visit this article: The incredible benefits of chlorophyll
5. Dandelion teaDandelion tea is an excellent natural detox agent. It helps enhance digestion and improve the health of your liver and kidneys. In this case, it can also be used to protect the bladder walls and remove the bacteria that causes infection. You can drink up to two cups a day.
- 20 grams of dried dandelion
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
Start by bringing the cup of water to a boil. Add the dandelion and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let it steep for another 10 minutes. Add the honey to sweeten and drink this tea 20 minutes after you finish your main meal. This will promote better bladder detox during those two days.
Why not get started today?