How to Help Detox Your Bladder Twice a Week
Learn how to help detox your bladder twice a week and also what foods are best for the health of your bladder in this article!
Your bladder is the organ housed in the lower region of your abdomen where your body stores urine prior to elimination. It’s possible that you’ve never had any bladder problems in your life. However, most people have suffered from classic bacterial infections. And up to a third of all women have had at least one.
Has this happened to you? Has your doctor diagnosed you with cystitis lately? In that case, you probably already know how inconvenient they are. And while conventional antibiotics work well to resolve these issues, it’s a good idea to know how to prevent them. That’s why we want to tell you how you can help detox your bladder twice a week.
Tips to help detox your bladder twice a week
According to doctors, the reason why women tend to suffer from more frequent bladder infections than men is because their rectum is located closer to their urinary tract. This means it’s more likely that bacteria will reach their bladder.
But aside from suffering from a kidney problem or a sexually transmitted disease, it’s important to know that bladder infections are very common. In fact, if you’ve had a bout of cystitis once, it’s likely you’ll get one again.
Some doctors have even stated that people with certain blood types are more prone to suffering from bladder infections.
That’s why it’s always a good idea to follow a routine that may help avoid these problems. And there are some natural plants and foods that may help strengthen and cleanse your bladder.
1. Drink cranberry juice during breakfast
All-natural cranberry juice isn’t always easy to find. And it’s a shame since this fruit is known to promote good bladder and kidney health.
- Cranberries are a powerful antibiotic that may help fight microorganisms in the urethra and bladder. They may help avoid urinary tract infections in the first place.
- Thanks to their high tannin content, they may keep bacteria from adhering to your bladder walls. Drinking a glass of fresh cranberry juice at least twice a week is an excellent preventative measure.
See also: 7 Remedies for Urinary Tract Infections
2. Foods to avoid
If you’re trying to detox your bladder, you should avoid the following products for at least two days a week:
- Carbonated or sweetened drinks
- Red meat
- Spicy foods
So what should you eat during these two days to promote good bladder health?
- Whole grains, like linseed and sunflower
3. Drink a juice before your main meals
Before your main meal of the day, try preparing this natural juice. It’s high in potassium to help detox your bladder and protect it, along with your kidneys.
- 1 green apple
- A carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 20 grams of parsley
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Start by washing all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Peel the apple and cut it into smaller pieces.
- Do the same with your carrot and celery.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and process until you get a homogeneous juice.
- Drink this before your main meal twice a week.
4. The benefits of chlorophyllYou can find chlorophyll in natural food stores. It’s usually sold in capsule form and may help prevent infections and improve your metabolism. Chlorophyll may help strengthen your immune system and, in turn, remove toxins from the bloodstream.
Start out by taking two capsules a week.
Visit this article: The Incredible Benefits of Chlorophyll
5. Dandelion tea
Dandelion tea is an excellent natural detox agent. It may help improve digestion and the health of your liver and kidneys. In this case, it can also be used to help protect the bladder walls and remove the bacteria that cause infection. You can drink up to two cups a day.
- 20 grams of dried dandelion
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Start by bringing the cup of water to a boil.
- Add the dandelion and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it steep for another 10 minutes.
- Add the honey to sweeten and drink this tea 20 minutes after you finish your main meal.
Why not get started today?