Delicious Sweet and Sour Chicken Wing Recipes
Sweet and sour wings can make a perfect main dish. Plus, they’re a wonderful snack option. They go well with a bottle of wine, french-fries and some bread.
Just wash, season and marinate the wings and they’ll be perfect. Cutting the wings in half is a good way to allow your guests to choose the part they like most. They’ll look even better if you finish your dish off with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Pineapple sweet and sour wings
- 1 cup of tomato sauce or ketchup (200 mL).
- White vinegar and pineapple juice (to taste).
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch or other thickener (5 g).
- 10 chicken wings cut in half (1 kg).
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (30 g).
- Sesame seeds, salt and black pepper (to taste).
- Mustard and Worcestershire sauce (optional).
- 1 or 2 rings of fresh pineapple.
- Frying oil.
- Wash the chicken wings, removing any feathers or nails.
- Season the wings with salt and pepper. If you want to use mustard and Worcestershire, add to wings in this step. You can get a stronger flavor by marinating the wings for at least an hour. Marinate in the fridge, storing the wings in a container with a lid.
- Heat up some oil in a frying-pan. Fry the wings until they’re golden brown, you can also choose to roast them in the oven. Move to a bowl.
- In the same frying pan, add the tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar and pineapple juice. Add the fruit, previously cut into to small cubs as well.
- Mix continuously, gently. When the mixture beings to boil, add the corn starch, previously dissolved in water– it should be free of crumbs. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Add the wings to the sauce and cook for 5 more minutes over low-heat.
- Remove from heat and arrange wings onto a tray. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds. You can serve them with rice, potatoes or bread. A vegetable puree would also make a great side dish.
Read this article too: Chicken Wings in BBQ Sauce Recipe
Honey Lemon sweet and sour wings
This is another great option for a starter. It has a fun combination of flavors, mixing savory, sweet and sour.
- Chicken wings (1 kg).
- Garlic (2-3 cloves, 30 g).
- Honey (4 tablespoons, 60 g).
- Rosemary, salt and black pepper (to taste).
- Soy sauce (4 tablespoons, 60 g).
- Olive oil (4 tablespoons, 40 g).
- Lemon juice (4 tablespoons, 80 mL).
- Wash and dry the chicken wings.
- Blend the honey, soy sauce, garlic, oil, lemon juice and salt in a food processor. Also, add the black pepper.
- Place the wings in a baking pan and cover them with the mixture and rosemary springs. Mix to thoroughly cover all the wings and let them sit for 1 or 2 hours.
- Drizzle some oil on the wings and place the pan to the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Flip the wings occasionally to prevent them from sticking to the pan. Make sure to bake in a preheated oven (200°C).
Check out this article too: Delicious Chicken Breasts with Cheese Sauce Recipe
Asian style sweet and sour wings
- 1/2 kilo of chicken wings.
- Water (4 tablespoons, 80 mL).
- Soy sauce (1 tablespoon, 15 g).
- Corn starch (1 tablespoon, 10 g).
- Orange juice (3 tablespoons, 60 mL).
- Tomato sauce or tomato paste (1 tablespoon, 15 g).
- Wash and dry chicken wings.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Let them cool while you prepare the sauce.
- Dissolve the corn starch into a little bowl of water, making sure it doesn’t have any crumbs. Set to the side.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, soy sauce and orange juice in a pot and cook on the stove.
- When the sauce is about to boiling, mix in the corn flour. Stir for two minutes until the sauce thickens.
- When the sauce is ready, turn off the heat and let it cool. Pour the wings on top or simply serve in a dish on the side as a dipping.