Delicious Salmon in Lemon Sauce
In this article, we'll tell you how you can prepare the most delicious salmon in a lemon sauce in a flash. Be sure to save this recipe!
Salmon is delicious and very nutritious. It’s great for your health due to its high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids. Below is a great salmon recipe in lemon sauce.
From fresh and salt water
A salmon is born in fresh water and then it travels to the ocean, eventually it returns to the river to spawn. It’s a blue fish with a moderate amount of fat, and it’s high in protein, vitamins, and minerals including potassium, selenium, and vitamin B12. It’s high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids help lower cholesterol and triglycerides.
Along with other health benefits, salmon increases blood flow and prevents the formation of blood clots. This fish prevents different diseases such as Alzheimer‘s, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Thanks to a high amount of nutrients, salmon can help counter many conditions and everyday ailments such as asthma, depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, and macular degeneration.
Also see: Omega 3: More Foods Than Just Oily Fish
Salmon fillets in lemon sauce
- 1 package of Tagliatelle or any other kind of pasta (250 g)
- 4 skinned salmon fillets (600 g)
- Vegetable oil (to taste)
- A pinch of salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of white cheese spread (100 g)
- 2 containers of natural yogurt (300 g)
- 1 lemon (30 g)
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Chives (to taste)
Preparing the sauce
- Mix the two yogurts with the white cheese until a smooth cream forms.
- Add the lemon zest and the half of a squeezed lemon.
- Add the ground black pepper and the chopped chives, then chill.
Preparing the salmon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Boil the pasta with plenty of water and some salt. Drain well, set aside, and keep hot.
- Place the salmon in an oven dish with the skin side down.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil over the salmon.
- Grill for 10 minutes. If you don’t have a grill, cook it in a covered non-stick pan.
- Serve with the pasta and sauce.
Salmon in lemon sauce
- 4 skinned and deboned salmon fillets (600 g)
- 6 shallots (150 g)
- 1 lemon (30 g)
- 1 container of cream (250 mL)
- ½ stick of butter (50 g)
- 1 egg (30 g)
- Cut the lemon peel into very thin slices and sauté them in butter until they begin to dry.
- Add diced shallots and cook until they become translucent.
- Add the one half of a squeezed lemon and bring them to a simmer. Afterwards let them cool.
- Add the cream, turn the heat back on and stir gently. Simmer until half of the mixture remains.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the oven tray and spread butter on the are the salmon will be placed.
- Place the fish on the foil and salt and pepper to taste. Cover with the sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180ºC.
Salmon in lemon and dill sauce
- ½ kilo of salmon (500 g)
- ½ lemon (20 g)
- ¼ stick of salted butter (25 g)
- ½ tablespoon of flour (5 g)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar (optional)
- ¼ glass of white wine (50 ml)
- 30 ml of milk or cream
- ½ tablespoon of dill (5 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil (to taste)
- 3 boiled potatoes (60 g)
- 6 boiled carrots (80 g)
- First, preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Clean, peel, and chop the carrots and potatoes. Boil them in water with salt until they get soft. Put them aside as a side dish.
- Place salmon in a baking tray.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, dill, and a little olive oil on the salmon. Set aside.
How to prepare the lemon and dill sauce
- Zest half a lemon, remove the white part, remove the seeds and cut it into wedges. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Next, add the flour and stir for 5 minutes until it becomes thick.
- Add the zest.
- Drizzle some wine and stir over a low heat.
- Add the lemon wedges and continue stirring.
- Sprinkle some salt to taste.
- Add the tablespoon of dill. Continue mixing over low heat until it becomes thick.
- Add milk and the two teaspoons of sugar to remove any acidic taste.
- Adjust the salt if needed.
- Place the salmon in the preheated oven for 10 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Finally, serve the salmon in lemon sauce, with a side of potatoes and carrots.