Delicious Recipe for Artisan Bread
Bread is undoubtedly one of the foods whose preparation is the oldest. Undoubtedly, this food has accompanied the human being for thousands of years. With time, their preparation has been perfected, so that every day it is a little easier, regardless of the type of bread you want to prepare, as in the case of artisan bread.
Of course there are several recipes for artisan bread, according to the tradition of the area or the personal preferences of each person. However, the artisan bread recipe that we will offer you below will serve as a basis to start other similar preparations.
Before delving into the details of the ingredients and the preparation of artisan bread, we will briefly review the components, nutrients and contributions that this food provides.
With regard to bread, we must consider what it is made of. Generally, wheat flour, yeast, salt, and water, are the basic ingredients for the dough, to be later taken to the oven.
You have to keep in mind that there are many myths about bread. The most common belief, with respect to bread, is that “it only contributes carbohydrates and fattens.”
While the carbohydrate component in the chemical composition of wheat flour is undeniable, it does not necessarily mean that it is negative and counterproductive to the body.
In fact, carbohydrates are also necessary (to a greater or lesser extent, depending on our metabolism) for the proper functioning of the body, in general.
On the other hand, in short, there is no such thing as a food entirely composed of carbohydrates. The chemistry of food does not work like that. You have to be very careful with myths.
Now, it is time to fulfill the purpose of teaching you how to make this type of bread and also to get as close as possible to the objective reality of each meal that we recommend.
How to make your own artisan bread?
Contributions and nutritional data of wheat flour
To avoid falling into myths, you have to know what wheat flour really is and how it can benefit you. It is common to see in advertisements that “you have to avoid wheat flour” but, often, they distort or completely alter the true information.
There are great nutritional contributions within wheat bran and probiotics. In short, they are the elements that are used to make both high quality flours and other different foods.
In addition, wheat is the only cereal that is optimal for the management and nutritional planning of bread. That is, the production of artisan bread would be quite improbable, if not for wheat bran, and the final production of refined wheat flour (with or without yeast).
In this sense, if you have to be very careful with something, it is always the portions. 200 grams of bread does not pose a danger to your weight, if you have a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet. But if this is not your case, and you have bad eating habits, then bread is not the best thing for you.
Once the aspects related to the ingredients of this type of bread have been clarified, the time has come to show you how you can prepare your own artisan bread at home.
Read also: 6 Consequences of Eating Refined Flours
- 4 cups of wheat flour, without yeast (400 g).
- 1 tablespoon yeast for flour (25 g).
- 10 cups of warm water (850 mL).
- 1 tablespoon of salt (25 g).
- First, you must have a large bowl, preferably a deep one, so you can contain all the ingredients. It is important that you remember this.
- Add all the dry ingredients inside the bowl. That is, the flour, salt, and yeast, making sure to fix a hole that will allow you to then pour in the water.
- Once you have completed the previous step effectively, you must add the water and begin to stir.
- You can do it with a plastic spoon or in a way to avoid lumps. The secret is that the mixture is smooth.
- Then, proceed to knead the dough. In this step, you have to be emphatic.
Visit this article: 7 Negative Effects of Refined Flours
- With both hands, continue kneading well so that the mixture is smooth, manageable, and free of lumps.
- The result will be an elastic but firm mass.
- At this point, you should make the elongated shape characteristic of artisan bread.
- Bake in the oven at a temperature of 120 º C for 25 minutes, approximately.
- Remove, let it cool a bit at room temperature and enjoy a good bite.