Delicious Punches to Enjoy on Christmas Eve
If there are kids in your family, go for the non-alcoholic punches or remove alcohol from the preparations so you can serve a suitable drink for everyone
Punches are typical drinks during the holiday season. You can prepare them with or without alcohol, and people enjoy them on Christmas Eve, during dinner, or during parties.
The traditional recipe is made with eggs and is a favorite. However, there are many other ways to prepare Christmas punches, combining ingredients that allows you to enjoy different flavors.
Due to the fact that family gatherings are right around the corner and you probably want to prepare punches, in this article, we’ll share a few recipes that will make your taste buds go wild.
You’ll love them!
If you’re a sucker for classics, this delicious eggnog with brandy is a great choice to accompany your Christmas dinner.
It doesn’t have a lot of alcohol , although its other ingredients provide a lot of calories.
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg (1.2 g)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon (2 g)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (2 g)
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup of white sugar (100 g)
- 1 cup of cream (240 g)
- ¾ cup of brandy (187 ml)
- First, pour the milk into a large casserole pot and combine it with the nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Then, simmer over medium-low heat until it boils.
- In a separate container, incorporate the egg yolks and sugar, and whisk until fluffy.
- After preparing both mixtures, mix them and simmer over low heat until they begin to thicken (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- When you see that the mixture has thickened, remove from heat and let cool for a few hours.
- After that, add the remaining ingredients and mix them until blended well.
- Place in the refrigerator and serve during your gatherings.
Non-alcoholic Fruit Punch
This is a light drink with fewer calories that all family members, including children, can drink.
- 3 cups of apple juice (750 ml)
- 3 cups of lemon-lime flavored soda (750 ml)
- Two cups of sparkling water (500 ml)
- 2 cups of berries (300 g)
- 2 cups of strawberry syrup or grenadine (500 ml)
- Crushed ice (to taste)
- First, take a large pitcher and fill it up with crushed ice.
- Then, add the apple juice, lemon-lime soda, and sparkling water.
- Stir well with a silicone utensil and then add the syrup and chopped fruit.
- Mix everything well and serve in individual glasses.
Traditional Non-Alcoholic Punch
If you don’t want to drink alcohol this Christmas, this delicious traditional punch is an interesting alternative to enjoy on Christmas Eve or during any other celebration with your family.
- A tablespoon of ginger root (15 g)
- A cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 cup of cranberry juice (250 ml)
- 1 cup of pineapple juice (250 ml)
- 2 cups of orange juice (500 ml)
- ½ cup of organic sugar (100 g)
- 2 teaspoons of almond extract (10 ml)
- Ice (to taste)
- Put the ginger root in a pot with water and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain, and let stand.
- Meanwhile, mix the fruit juices in a punch bowl and mix with the organic sugar and almond extract.
- When the ginger mixture cools down, mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Add ice to taste and serve in cups or glasses.
We recommend that you read: 3 Healthy Beverage Alternatives for Every Festivity
Cold White Wine Punch
This refreshing white wine punch is perfect for Christmas dinner. Some of its ingredients are sweet, so it’s not suitable for people who tend to suffer from high blood sugar levels.
- 3 cups of lime soda (750 ml)
- 2 cups of white wine (500 ml)
- Ice (to taste)
- 3 green apples
- 4 pineapple slices in syrup
- The juice of 2 lemons
- Mix the soda and white wine in a punch bowl. Mix well, add ice to taste, and put aside.
- Cut the apples and pineapple slices into small chunks and dip them in the lemon juice.
- Add the fruits in the punch bowl and mix them so they integrate well.
- If you like, add more ice before serving.
Ready to try these Christmas punches? If you liked these recipes, please don’t hesitate to make and enjoy them with your friends and loved ones.