Delicious Prawns in Coconut Milk Recipe
Prawns are a portion of very healthy food. In fact, they have a large number of essential nutrients that help to ensure the proper functioning of the body. In addition, they’re very versatile at a culinary level. A multitude of tasty recipes can be prepared with them. For this reason, we’re going to show you how to prepare prawns in coconut milk.
Before we begin, we must emphasize that including seafood products in your diet is essential. These foods provide protein of the same quality as meat, with a lower energy content.
The health benefits of prawns
First, we’d like to mention the main health benefits of prawns. Remember that to experience them, it’s necessary to include these foods in the context of a varied and balanced diet.
Prawns can help you build muscle mass
To build muscle mass, it’s essential to ensure an adequate protein intake. Half of the protein in your diet must be of high biological value, as this type of protein contains all the essential amino acids. In fact, the protein contained in prawns meets these requirements.
It should also be kept in mind that your daily protein needs increase when you do a lot of physical activity. This is evidenced by research published in the journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. This can help your muscles to recover faster.
You’ll definitely like this article: 8 Healthy Foods that are Trending in 2021
Prawns can help prevent thyroid problems
Iodine is a key element in ensuring the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. It’s involved in the conversion of thyroid hormones.
So, if your supply is not adequate, you could experience disturbances in your metabolism. Along with iron, it’s the most influential mineral on the thyroid gland, as stated in a study published in Biological Trace Element Research.
The best way to meet the requirements is to consume iodized salt along with a higher percentage of seafood.
Prawns are low in energy
Prawns have a high nutritional density, but actually don’t provide many calories. For this reason, they’re optimal to introduce in the context of a low-calorie diet to lose weight.
However, it’s essential to bear in mind that one of the keys to the success of this type of diet is that it can also help you feel full. In fact, protein is a nutrient that generates this feeling, according to a study published in The British Journal of Nutrition.
Ingredients for prawns in coconut milk
To prepare delicious prawns in coconut milk recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 12 large prawns
- 1 cup of peeled pumpkin cut into cubes
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup of julienned red onion
- 1/4 cup of pork rinds
- 1/4 cup of cilantro cimarron
- 1/2 cup of sliced red chilies
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
It’s important that the quality of the prawns is optimal to enjoy this recipe to the fullest. We recommend that you buy them fresh and of considerable size.
Prawns in coconut milk: A step by step guide
- Start by searing the prawns. To do this, place them on a very hot griddle and add salt, pepper, and paprika on top. The cooking should last around 3 minutes. Afterward, take them out and put them aside.
- At the same time, sauté the onion with extra virgin olive oil until it turns golden brown.
- At this point, add the coconut milk together with the pumpkin. Wait for the mixture to reduce. The process may take a few minutes.
- Next, in another bowl, place the cilantro, red onion, chili, and pork rinds. Stir everything well so that the ingredients are mixed. Then, add oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- From here, you only need to add the tomatoes to the pot. Wait a few minutes for the flavors to integrate.
- Finally, proceed to elaborate the presentation. Place the coconut milk in a bowl with the pumpkin and onion. Place the prawns and the side salad as an accompaniment on top.
Prepare prawns in coconut milk
Overall, it’s easy to prepare prawns in coconut milk. It’s a very tasty and nutritious recipe that can be included in the context of the regular diet.
However, it’s important to make sure that there is a certain variety in your diet to avoid a deficit of essential nutrients. On the other hand, it’s always recommended to promote healthy lifestyle habits, such as physical exercise and good rest.It might interest you...