How to Make a Delicious Cheese and Potato Gratin
This cheese and potato gratin is not a light recipe, but if you watch your proportions and do physical activity, you can enjoy meals like this without gaining weight.
We know that you probably have a lot of responsibilities, loads of stress, and a lot of things on your mind. However, it is still possible to have some fun in the kitchen. You can with this recipe for potato gratin with cheese.
Clearing your mind and making a different dinner that will make both you and your family feel good should be a priority every so often.
Now, there is something that you should definitely know. This potato gratin with cheese recipe is not exactly the lightest with the fewest calories, but you should also know it’s not as bad for you as it may seem at first.
When it comes to this dish, it’s all about portions and consumption. It contains a fairly high amount of calories and carbohydrates, as well as starches and fats, but keep in mind that the recipe is made for a family, not a single person.
What to Know about Cheese and Potato Gratin
Potatoes, cheese and baking itself are some of the most recommended ingredients and cooking methods. Remember, there’s no such thing as “bad” or “fattening” meals; what makes the difference is your lifestyle and the choices you make with your daily diet.
Consequently, this is the criteria that must be taken into account when deciding if you can make a recipe or not. Also, it’s helpful to know that food myths are more abundant than you may have thought.
So, break the routine and give this cheese and potato gratin dish a try. It’s delicious, recommended for when you want to spend time at home with the family, economic and simple to make if you follow the directions you’re about to see.
You might like: Try These Delicious Potatoes Stuffed with Chorizo and Cheese
Cheese and Potato Gratin Recipe
It’s time to get to work and start making this incredible dish that combines the unmistakable taste of melted cheese with the softness and versatility of baked potatoes.
Also, if you want to consume healthy and adequate carbohydrates, we highly recommend this dish. It’s very delicious, practical and great to combine with rice, plantains, salad, or just a slice of bread.
All you have to do to make this recipe is follow the steps that we are about to show you very carefully. It’s true, this dish requires a bit of detail to make it look great, but it’s worth it.
- 5 large potatoes (1 kilo)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (15 g)
- 2 teaspoons of salt (10 g)
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese (200 g)
- 1 cup of liquid milk cream (240 ml)
- A tablespoon ground black pepper (15 g)
- First, wash the potatoes. Remember that they come with a lot of dirt.
- Once you’ve completed the previous step, peel them well.
- Before continuing, make sure to preheat the oven and set the temperature to 175 C. Later, you will have to come back to this.
- Cut the potatoes after you have peeled them. Try to cut them all the same thickness.
- Make sure that you grease the tray with butter. Evenly cover the surface so that it doesn’t stick.
- Now, make the mixture. You’ll need liquid milk cream, garlic, pepper, a pinch of salt, and nutmeg.
- You can use a whisk and heat a little in a pot or, if you prefer, you can do everything at room temperature and then take it to the oven.
- Cover the mixture you just made with the cups of Parmesan cheese.
- Then, move on to placing the potatoes meticulously in a glass tray. Place them one on top of the other.
- The idea is to make four layers in the following sequence: one layer of cut potatoes, mixture, another layer of potatoes and so on until you have used up all of your ingredients.
- Bring it to the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Then, you’ll have your finished potato gratin with cheese, completely homemade and delicious.
- As a final tip, use a small torch or increase the temperature of the oven about five minutes before it’s finished to brown the cheese.