Decorative Air Fresheners that You Can Make at Home
In today’s article, we’ll teach you how to make decorative air fresheners with your own hands depending on your personal tastes. With them, you’ll be able to enter your house and smell that incredible aroma right away!
You should know that the aromas that fill our environments directly influence our moods. This is because our nasal organs are in direct contact with our centers of memory and emotion. Because of this, many scents remind us of people, situations we’ve been through or places we’ve been.
Concentrating the odors that transport us to certain sensations in our own home will have a favorable effect on your mood and relaxation. The great thing is that you can make these decorative air fresheners yourself, right at home, with some very simple materials.
Natural Decorative Air Fresheners
One very important thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn’t use chemical products like those you can find at the store. Many of these substances can cause allergies or even injuries, mostly to people who are susceptible to certain chemicals.
Gel Air Fresheners
This decorative air freshener can be placed in the corner of the house, inside the closet or on the table, since it looks nice and doesn’t take up much space. You just have to leave it in the place you’d like it to be and that’s it! Also, you can pick the tone you want.
Its aroma will last for about a month. However, it will last for less time in places where temperatures are very high.
- Neutral gelatin (1 package)
- Salt (1 tablespoon)
- Water (480 milliliters)
- Glass mold (the size you want)
- Flavoring oils
How to make it:
- First, boil half the water.
- Add the tablespoon of salt. This will keep the gelatin from forming.
- Then, add the package of gelatin.
- Stir well.
- Once everything is mixed, add the rest of the water and remove the pan from the flame.
- Add 5 drops of the coloring to the mold.
- Then, put the mixture inside the mold and stir it so it becomes the color of the coloring.
- Next, add 20 drops of the flavoring oil.
- Mix everything well.
- Finally, put it in the fridge for 12 hours.
- After that time, take it out and use it to decorate a space in your home.
- Enjoy its aroma!
Decorative Lemon Air Fresheners
Making decorative air fresheners with lemon is a great idea because it’s such a fresh and pleasant scent. Also, it helps eliminate odors because it’s a powerful disinfectant. Additionally, it neutralizes the smell of humidity, tobacco or stuffiness.
With just a few ingredients, you can make it at home, and it’s great because it lasts the longest of all of the air fresheners.
- Lemon peel
- 96% alcohol (half a cup)
- Lemon essential oil
- Wooden sticks (8)
- Water (3 tablespoons)
- Small decorative glass bottle
How to make it:
- First, put the lemon peel inside the jar.
- Then, fill three quarters of the bottle with the alcohol.
- Add the rest of the water to top it off.
- Then, add 10 drops of the essential lemon oil.
- Place the sticks inside the jar.
- Move the sticks around to intensify the aroma.
Discover: Aromatherapy: What Does It Consist of?
Dehydrated Colored Balls
This air freshener is beautiful and you can customize it the way you like, with the color and aroma that you prefer. That makes it the perfect decoration.
You’ll just need some small, dehydrated balls to use as the air fresheners. The aromatic effect will last for quite a while.
- Dehydrated balls for air fresheners (20)
- Water (300 milliliters)
- Dye for glycerin soap
- Perfume or essence that you like (2 milliliters)
- Wide-mouthed glass container
- Wooden stick (1)
- Paper napkins
- Transparent decorative bowl
How to make it:
- First, take the wide-mouthed glass jar and add water (about 300 milliliters).
- Then, add the perfume (about 2 milliliters).
- Next, add the dye. The amount you use depends on the intensity of the color you want.
- Stir very well with the wooden stick.
- Add the balls.
- Then, stir well.
- Let soak for 24 hours.
- Then, remove them from the liquid and place them on the paper.
- Finally, place it in the decorative bowl.
These decorative air fresheners will completely change the aroma in your home. That way, your home can smell the way you want it to. Additionally, they’re beautiful decorations and you can make them in your favorite colors and shapes.
Tell us which one you liked best and enjoy!It might interest you...