Daily Vitamins You Need in Your 20s, 30s, and 40s
A healthy and balanced diet is recommended for any age, but your vitamin needs will vary depending on how old you are, as your body changes
Your body needs particular daily vitamins during your 20s, 30s, 40s, and beyond.
However, they aren’t always the same.
Pay attention to the vitamins that your body needs, depending on your age.
Daily vitamins in your 20sAt this age you’re getting a lot of physical activity and even if you aren’t aware of it, your body begins to prepare for motherhood.
- Multi-vitamins will help your overall body gain strength and resistance.
- Additionally, your skin’s elasticity and tone, as well as healthy hair, are gained through vitamins A, D, and zinc.
- As for your reproductive system, it needs vitamin E, folic acid, and iron in particular.
- What’s more, your immune system functions especially well thanks to vitamins B6 and B12.
- And, your body’s overall healthy condition is improved through the intake of vitamin C.
Read also: Secrets to healthy hair
Your ideal diet
If you eat unhealthy foods or skip your meals you could wind up being overweight or with malnutrition.
That’s why it’s important to keep in mind that your 20s is the ideal time to start developing good eating habits.
- During this time your body needs minerals and proteins for the development of muscle mass.
- And, it’s best to consume more vegetable oils and increase your intake of iron and vitamins B and C to strengthen your immune system.
Daily vitamins in your 30s
At this age your body is protecting itself from current and future diseases while keeping all its systems functioning efficiently.
For example, in your 30s, the elasticity and overall health of your skin depends on your intake of vitamins A and E.
- Your immune and nervous systems are optimized thanks to the B vitamins, vitamin C, and magnesium.
- Additionally, your body’s healthy function is improved thanks to zinc, vitamin A, and iron, while phosphorus and calcium ensure that your cells are replenished and restored.
Your ideal diet
At this stage in your life you might start seeing a few extra pounds on the scale that will keep increasing, little by little.
So, if this happens to you, it’s time to take action and reduce the amount of food you eat as your metabolism slows down.
Overall, try to eat more healthy and natural foods. Opt for:
- Cold water fish (rich in omega 3 fatty acids)
- Sauteed vegetables
- Five servings of fruit a day
- Cereals at breakfast to provide your body with fiber
- Foods that are rich in calcium and iron
Avoid processed foods and certain condiments that will only provide your body with empty calories.
We recommend you read: Vegetables for weight loss
Daily vitamins in your 40s
- So, if you have low levels of energy, you could have anemia and need more iron.
- And, to protect your bones, be sure to take calcium and vitamin D.
- Also, if you’re experiencing anxiety, muscle aches, or cramping, you should up your intake of magnesium and potassium.
- To protect the health of your heart and blood vessels, you’ll need folic acid and vitamin B12.
- Additionally, if you want the best protection from antioxidants, you’ll need vitamins A, C, D, and E.
Your ideal diet
At this stage your body will begin to experience some hormonal changes. The key to fighting possible shifts in your weight is antioxidants.
- Foods that are rich in antioxidants prevent the negative effects of free radicals. And these free radicals are the culprits of premature cellular aging.
- So, make sure you get five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. For example, you could eat steamed or grilled fish, as well as nuts.
- At this stage it’s important to increase your consumption of foods that are rich in Vitamins A and D, to fight osteoporosis.
- Lastly, you should also reduce your salt intake to avoid suffering from fluid retention, which will cause you to gain extra weight.