Creative Ideas with Illuminated Glasses
Learn to make your own illuminated glasses to decorate your rooms in a distinct, beautiful and attention-calling way. Take note of these ideas!
Illuminated glasses are a decorative element that can be as versatile as you want them to be. Plus, coming up with new ideas for decorations and recycling materials is an excellent and creative way to naturally de-stress!
When it comes to testing your creativity, it isn’t necessary to go out and by expensive materials. You can always try to reuse products that you already have and haven’t used. In general, the most useful products are plastic objects, but you can also use glass, paper and even cardboard.
In this article, we’ll take a look at how to make some creative illuminated glasses.
Creative ideas for illuminated glasses
1. Angels of light
- 1 pencil
- Wax paper
- Paper cups
- 1 box of colored pencils
- Felt tip markers
- Transparent tape or glue
- Small LED lights (without a cable, preferably)
Procedure (to dress the angel)
- Take the wax paper and trace the outside of the cup: lean the cup and, while you trace it, mark the edges. You will get a curved shape that will fit the cup.
- Cut the template. Make sure that you don’t cut the exact traced line, but one and half centimeters from the line.
- Color the wax paper how you would like.
- Fold the paper accordion style. This will give your angel volume.
- Once the paper is folded, cut out geometric shapes. As many as you would like.
- Open the paper and finish decorating. Use the felt tip pens to detail the edges and various decorations. The idea is to imitate the pattern of a fabric, such as lace.
Procedure (for the wings and angel’s face)
- Take another sheet of wax paper and draw the angel’s face. Detail it as much as you would like, or give it a minimalistic style. Don’t be afraid to opt for the second option if you made the previous step very elaborate.
- Mark the edges with the felt pen, as well as every part of the face so that we can see everything that we have drawn.
- Color it as you wish.
- Repeat this step to decorate the wings.
- Stick every piece to the cup with the tape or with a few dots of glue. Under the cup, place the LED lights so that the angel lights up.
Now you have a beautiful decoration to place in any special corner of your home. It should be pointed out that these pieces don’t have to be saved just for Christmas. It all depends on what style you give it.
2. Illuminated picture frames
As we continue, we’ll share a very creative idea for how to enjoy the immortal memories in your home. These days, very few people print their pictures and, instead, the majority prefer to store them in the albums in their phones. It’s time to put those memories on display!
- Parchment paper
- Glass cups
- Double sided tape
- Candles (traditional or battery powered)
Before starting any of the following steps, we’ll recommend a few things to make your work easier. The idea is to show your creativity and to express the important memory that you want to remember.
We recommend that you use horizontal pictures, so that it will cover the glass and the candle’s light will envelop the entire image. If you print a picture in black and white onto parchment paper, it will give it a nostalgic look.
- Carefully cut the picture so that it’s the same height of the glass and its edges fit perfectly.
- Once you’ve placed the image inside of the glass, stick it to the glass with adhesive tape.
- If your glass is very big, you might need to use more than one photo to cover all of its sides.
- After taping the picture, place the (unlit) candle carefully inside the glass.
A great thing is that the candle will look beautiful anywhere. It will either stand out because of the light or solely because of its presence.
As one additional piece of advice, we recommend that you used a scented candle to give your illuminated glass one last touch.
We will also share an interesting fact: these illuminated glasses are a great option for decorating friendly get-togethers both indoors and outside.
Try out your own version of these illuminated glasses!