Cream of Garlic Soup for Heart Health
Everyone knows the countless benefits of garlic. Not only is it a great ally for your health but it is also an essential ingredient in your kitchen whose properties are powerful curing mechanisms. One way of using it is through this delicious cream of garlic soup. Would you like to know the recipe?
Garlic is used in countless recipes with the purpose of preventing diseases related to the heart and blood stream. This cream of garlic soup is very common in many cultures and you can make it with your own personal touch.
We’ll explain the simple recipe and encourage you to include it in your diet. It costs very little and is really tasty!
Benefits of cream of garlic soup
- In regards to its curative power, studies say that it is capable of reducing triglycerides and bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Can reduces blood pressure.
- Helps to prevent the hardening of arteries (atherosclerosis). As you get older, your arteries stop being as flexible, blood doesn’t flow as easily, and problems start to happen. Garlic has the property of cleaning them and making them more flexible.
- Another ability garlic has is to prevent clots and allow the blood to flow more quickly.
Read more: Blood Clots: Watch Out for These 8 Signs
- Garlic soup also has other interesting virtues: it can lower fever, reduce coughing, headaches, and stomach pain. It can also relieve asthma and bronchitis and reduce sugar in the blood. In essence, we can say that it is one of the most used and effective natural remedies.
- There are studies that discuss its ability to prevent colon, rectum, and stomach cancer. The supplements that are sold in pharmacies and natural stores are not as effective as natural garlic or this simple soup because sometimes they remove some of its substances. An example of this is allicin, the ingredient that gives it its particular smell.
How to make cream of garlic soup
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 and a half onion bulbs
- 5 slices of bread
- 1 ham bone
- A leek
- 1 carrot
- A handful of fresh garlic
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Half a cayenne pepper
- A little bit of parsley
- Firstly, start by making the broth. Boil the leek, carrot, and ham bone in a pot with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Then add in the parsley sprigs and let it cook for a half hour. Once you see it’s ready, then strain the ingredients and save the broth for later.
- Now heat a pan. Start by putting a splash of olive oil in and then the peeled garlic cloves along with the pepper. The smell is very pleasant. When you see the garlic is browned, put the bread slices in that you cut into pieces before. After that, fry it well and add a teaspoon of paprika. Then cover it with the broth that you made earlier.
- Cook at medium heat for 25 minutes. Keep stirring well.
- Now add the two raw eggs and let set. Some people don’t add them, it’s a question of preference. There are also recent studies that say that the moderate consumption of eggs does not raise cholesterol.
- Nor put a little bit of oil in another pan and then put in more more previously diced fresh garlic. Let them fry and then remove them, drying them so that there isn’t too much oil.
- Add this to the soup, which will give it a truly tasty touch. When you serve it, remember to remove the pepper. It is a very healthy dish for your heart.