Cream of Garlic Soup for Heart Health
Garlic is used in countless recipes with the purpose of preventing diseases related to the heart and blood stream. This cream of garlic soup is very common in many cultures and you’ll be able to make it with your own personal touch.
We’ll explain this simple recipe for cream of garlic soup, and we encourage you to include it in your diet to improve your heart health. It costs very little and is really tasty!
Benefits of cream of garlic soup
- In regards to its curative power, studies say that it is capable of reducing triglycerides and bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
- It can reduce blood pressure.
- Helps to prevent the hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis). As you get older, your arteries stop being as flexible, blood doesn’t flow as easily, and problems start to happen. Garlic can help to clean them and make them more flexible.
Read more: How to Keep Your Arteries Healthy
- Another benefit of garlic is its ability to help prevent clots and allow the blood to flow more quickly.
- Garlic soup also has other interesting virtues. Among them are its capacity to help lower fever, reduce coughing, headaches, and stomach pain. It can also help to relieve asthma and bronquitis and reduce sugar in the blood. In essence, we can say that it is one of the most used and effective natural remedies.
- There is some research that shows it can help to prevent colon, rectum, and stomach cancer. The supplements that are sold in pharmacies and natural stores are not as effective as natural garlic or this simple soup. This is because they sometimes remove some of its substances, in particular allicin, the ingredient that gives it its very particular smell.
See also: How to Help Treat Bronchitis Naturally
How to make cream of garlic soup
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 and a half onion bulbs
- 5 slices of bread
- 1 ham bone
- A leek
- 1 carrot
- A handful of fresh garlic
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Half a cayenne pepper
- A little bit of parsley
- Firstly, you’ll make the broth. Boil the leek, carrot, and ham bone in a pot with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Then add in the parsley sprigs and let it cook for a half hour. Once it’s ready, strain the ingredients and save the broth for later.
- Then prepare a pan with a splash of olive oil in it, and the peeled garlic cloves along with the pepper. The smell is very nice! When you see the garlic is browned, put in the bread slices (previously cut into pieces).
- Then fry it well and add a teaspoon of paprika. After that, cover it with the broth that you made earlier.
- Cook at a medium heat for 25 minutes. Keep stirring well.
- After that, add the two raw eggs and let them cook. Some people don’t add them – it’s a question of preference. There are also recent studies that say that a moderate consumption of eggs doesn’t raise cholesterol.
- Then put a little bit of oil in another pan and put in some more fresh diced garlic. Let them fry and then remove them, drying them so that there isn’t too much oil. Add these to the soup.
- When you serve it, remember to remove the pepper. It’s a very healthy dish for your heart!