Cream of Almond Soup With Grapes and Canteloupe
Cold cream of almond soup with grapes and cantaloupe is a refreshing recipe that you can enjoy on hot summer days or when you want a light dinner.
In this article, we’ll tell you how to make a delicious cream of almond soup with grapes and canteloupe.
Cold soups are a good alternative for a refreshing meal this summer. Best of all, they’re very easy to make. In fact, in a little more than 15 or 30 minutes, they’re ready! Besides, if you add seasonal fruits, the recipe is even more healthy and tasty.
Cream of almond soup: Nutritional properties of its ingredients
Before we show you how to make this recipe, we want to tell you about the properties of almonds, grapes, and canteloupe. This way, you’ll know why it’s good to consume each of the ingredients in this soup.
The properties of almonds
Almonds are a food with a great wealth of protein and healthy fats. What’s more, they’re a valuable source of essential nutrients for a healthy and balanced diet.
Here are just some of their many benefits:
- Heart-healthy: Thanks to the monounsaturated fats and fiber they contain, they have the virtue of lowering cholesterol. For this reason, as a publication in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry highlights, they’re likely that they provide benefits when it comes to other cardiovascular risks.
- Rich in calcium: They’re a good alternative to dairy products since they provide calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. All of these are necessary for the formation and regeneration of bones and teeth.
- Immune reinforcement: Thanks to the antioxidant power they have due to vitamin E, quercetin, manganese, and zinc, they reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
The properties of grapes
To take advantage of the benefits of grapes, it’s necessary to consume the whole grape with its skin and seeds. One of the great benefits of grapes is that they have many vitamins, such as C, A, and K.
Also, different antioxidant substances are found in the skin of grapes. These include flavones that protect the blood vessels, prevent arteriosclerosis, and stimulate the immune system. They also contain resveratrol, whose assimilation decreases the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
A recent study, published through the Experimental and Clinical Sciences Journal, has shown that resveratrol can stimulate sirtuins. These are cellular enzymes that delay aging and could prevent geriatric diseases such as Alzheimer’s. Resveratrol is abundant in the skin of black grapes.
Don’t miss: 6 Benefits of Drinking Grape Juice Regularly
The properties of canteloupe
Its richness in water, potassium, folic acid, and antioxidant vitamins makes melon a light and very healthy food. It possesses the following properties:
- Cleanses the body, due to its high water, fiber, and potassium content.
- Helps to take care of your skin, thanks to its antioxidant vitamins.
- Reduces blood pressure, since it is rich in lycopene.
- Strengthens the immune system, due to citrulline, a substance that makes your body produce arginine. This is an essential amino acid for your metabolism.
Cold cream recipe of almonds with grapes and melon
Ingredients (for 4 portions)
- Cold water (4 C)
- Green grapes (12 oz)
- 1/2 melon
- Almonds (4.5 oz)
- 4 slices of bread without crust
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 glass of extra virgin olive oil (4 oz)
- Salt (to taste)
You may be interested in: Cold Melon Soups: Recipes to Lose Weight
How to prepare cold cream of almond soup with grapes and canteloupe
- First, in a large bowl, break the bread into pieces with your hands and cover with water. Leave it to soak for a few minutes, until the bread has softened.
- Then, put half a teaspoon of salt and the almonds in the pitcher of the blender, and crush them well until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Add the bread to the mixer and process it again.
- At the same time, you continue to blend, without stopping, add the olive oil little by little. Then, do the same with the garlic.
- Finally, add the water and put the almond cream in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour
- Pour the cream into individual bowls and decorate with well-washed grapes and diced canteloupe. And that’s it, we have our dish ready, delicious and refreshing!
You can add almond milk to enhance the flavor of this nut. Likewise, if you prefer, you can also use cow’s milk, although the density will become thicker. If you don’t have grapes or canteloupe, you can also add an apple. Any fruit with a touch of acidity will do well.