Control Oily Hair with this Dry Shampoo Recipe
Add this great natural recipe to your beauty routine and say goodbye to an oily scalp. You can also take it to the gym or your work place!
One of the top recommendations for your scalp is to not wash it every day. This is because too much moisture can cause damage.
Despite this, some people feel the need to wash their hair all the time. This is because their sweat glands produce too much oil. This gives their hair a dirty, oily look.
The problem is that not everyone has enough time to give their hair the attention it needs. Sometimes, they have to leave for work with unsightly, greasy hair.
Fortunately, beauty professionals have given some attention to this subject. A few years ago, they developed cosmetic products that help fight these problems without any special rinse.
This is the case for fantastic dry shampoos. They have different types available to cover all of your needs.
These are a great help for hair beauty. They’re perfect for those who want to control their scalp’s production of oil. Plus, you don’t have to get your hair wet every day!
In this article, we want to share what they are. We’ll also tell you how to make one with 100% natural ingredients.
What is dry shampoo?
Dry shampoo is a product that came to be a few years ago. It’s become an alternative for taking care of your hair without having to rinse it every day.
It’s a healthy treatment for your scalp. This is because the nutrients in its composition balance your natural pH level. This controls your sweat gland activity.
It’s suitable for fixing your hair. This treatment also increases your hair’s volume, making it look healthy, shiny, and free from frizz.
This product also uses anti-fungal and antibacterial substances. These create a protective barrier against dandruff and other common scalp infections.
Even though it’s designed for those with oily hair, it can also be used by people with normal hair. This is especially true for those days that you don’t want to wash your hair like normal.
Also, its ingredients deodorize your hair. As result, they prevent the appearance of bad odors after exercising or a very hot day.
How to make dry shampoo with natural ingredients
In the markets and stores, there are several kinds of this interesting hair product. However, some prefer to try natural formulas because they’re healthier.
This kind of alternative is cheaper and less aggressive. This is because it doesn’t have any strong chemicals. Plus, its ingredients can be easily found.
You can use this great shampoo occasionally. For instance, you can use it for those days where you don’t have enough time to wash your hair with shampoo and other treatments.
- 6 tablespoons of corn starch
- 6 tablespoons of rice flour
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 10 drops of liquid coconut oil
- 10 drops of essential mint oil
- 1 mason jar
- Add the corn starch to the mason jar and mix in the rice flour and baking soda.
- Shake it vigorously so that the ingredients mix well.
- Then, add the coconut oil and essential mint oil drops. Continue shaking it.
- Be sure that the ingredients are uniformly mixed. After that, you can use it.
- If you want, you can decorate the jar so you can put it in your cosmetic bag.
How to use
- When using it, stand in front of a mirror. Separate your hair in several locks. Sprinkle a little bit of the dry shampoo on. Make sure to cover your whole scalp.
- Use your fingers to rub the powder on the roots of your hair. Use smooth, circular movements that encourage its absorption.
- Then, apply it on the points of your hair. Always use moderate amounts so that excess amounts don’t stay in your hair.
- Let the shampoo work for 5 or 10 minutes. After this time, use a brush to remove the rest of the white powder.
- You’ll immediately feel fresh, loose, and oil-free hair.
- Also, because of its oils, you’ll be left with a nice smell.
Do you like the recipe? We want you to make it at home so you can see all of the benefits it has for your hair for yourself.
Add it to your beauty routine and say goodbye to an oily scalp.
You can also take this to the gym or your work place!