Control Candida Growth with these 6 Natural Remedies
Although candida is a normal yeast found in the human body, its excessive production can cause complications. Learn how to control candida growth.
Candida Albicans is the most common yeast found in human beings and, although small amounts can be traced naturally in areas like the mouth and intestines, they are the cause of most infections. It is therefore important to control candida growth in the body.
Excessive growth of Candida Albicans, stimulated by external factors like poor diet and toxins, alters the flora bacteria in the intestine while also interfering with your immune system.
Consequently, this triggers an inflammatory reaction in various systems in the body. It can trigger problems such as a permeable intestine, vaginal infections, and skin problems.
Some people believe it is difficult to control candida growth. Fortunately, there are various remedies with anti-fungal properties that, when accompanied with a healthy diet, help to stop the growth of Candida Albicans and therefore to avoid health complications.
Therefore, we want to take this opportunity to share, in detail, the 6 best remedies to keep in mind if you are ever faced with a condition associated with Candida Albicans.
Find out what they are!
Ingredients to control candida growth
1. Coconut oil
The fatty acids found in coconuts have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that help to control candida growth.
Moreover, substances like caprylic acid and lauric acid make coconut oil a great remedy to fight yeast growth.
How to use coconut oil
- In the case of an infection, take 2 or 3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil a day.
- As a preventative measure, take a maximum of 2 tablespoons a day.
- If you are suffering from a skin problem, apply coconut oil directly to the affected area.
Find out more about the health benefits of coconut oil: 7 Amazing Benefits of Coconut Oil
2. Grapefruit seed extract
The extract from grapefruit seeds is a powerful anti-fungal and antibacterial substance whose bioflavonoids and minerals protect your cells and tissues.
Grapefruit seed extract attacks candida by breaking down the cells that make the yeast. In addition, it strengthens the immune system and repairs the affected areas.
Among other things, it inhibits the growth of yeast and many other pathogens that affect your health.
How to use grapefruit seed extract
- Add 5-10 drops of the extract to a glass of warm water and drink it 2-3 times a day.
- You can also dilute the same amount in water to treat vaginal and skin infections.
3. Sweet clove oil
Sweet clove oil has an active ingredient known as eugenol that, in addition to having a spicy flavor, contains anti-fungal and antioxidant properties.
It quickly eliminates candida cells and other yeasts that infect tissues in the body.
How to use sweet clove oil
- Add up to 30 drops of the oil to a cup of warm water and drink twice a day.
- If you would like, you can mix it with cinnamon to improve the flavor.
The sulfurous components found in garlic, in addition to its phytochemicals, gives you anti-fungal and antibacterial properties to help control fungal infections as well as infections caused by bacteria and viruses.
Also, garlic can be used both internally and externally to inhibit the growth of candida and prevent complications like infections.
How to use garlic
- Eat up to 4 crushed garlic cloves a day.
- For topical use, crush garlic cloves and mix them with a little oil before applying it to the affected areas of your skin.
Steps to make garlic oil: How to Make Garlic Oil at Home
5. Oregano oil
Oregano oil can also be used to control candida growth. It contains large amounts of carvacrol and thymol, two components with anti-fungal properties that dehydrate and kill the cells formed by Candida Albicans.
How to use oregano oil
- Add 3 to 5 drops of oil to a cup of warm water and drink 2 times a day.
- Mix it with coconut or olive oil to treat external infections.
6. Apple cider vinegar
The enzymes and organic compounds in apple cider vinegar make it one of the best solutions for treating infections caused by uncontrolled yeast growth.
In addition, its organic acids break down the candida cells and, with time, create a friendly environment for healthy bacteria in the intestine. In turn, this helps to control candida growth.
How to use apple cider vinegar
- Add two tablespoons of the organic apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water and drink it on an empty stomach.
- In the case of an infection, drink the mixture 3 times a day.
- You can dilute it in water for the topical treatment of fungal infections in the vagina or the skin.
Are you worried you might have a yeast infection? Before it causes you more problems, try one of the mentioned remedies and stop its growth.