Prevent Saggy Skin with this Homemade Cream!
Over the years, you may have noticed your skin has started to change. Many people look for alternatives to reduce the effects of time as much as possible. There are certain ingredients that you can use to help prevent and improve the most common issues. For example, prevent saggy skin with this homemade cream that we tell you all about below!
Most women deal with the signs of aging, such as saggy skin that appear as it starts losing firmness and elasticity. The effects of free radicals, the reduced production of collagen and elastin, and a poor diet all directly affect our appearance. These can cause wrinkles, blotches, and other unsightly marks.
When facing this initially bleak problem, the first and most effective method that experts at the Mayo Clinic recommend is to follow a healthy lifestyle. This means looking after your diet, doing regular exercise, and when it comes to skin, periodically treating it with products that hydrate and protect it from the sun, among other things.
Homemade cream to prevent saggy skin
Applying this firming cream can help you fight saggy skin when it develops on a dermic level. The ingredients help to promote the natural elasticity of your skin and prevent the loss of substances that maintain firmness and youth.
These products contain nutrients that are essential for the skin – that’s why they help to preserve it in perfect condition! Today, we’re going to show you how to prepare a homemade cream with 100% natural ingredients. The properties of these ingredients can help to prevent sagging skin, wrinkles, stretch marks, cellulite, and other issues.
It’s a simple combination of clay, black tea, olive oil, coffee grounds, and hazelnut extract. According to popular belief, these ingredients penetrate deep into your skin through the pores and help to promote blood circulation and the oxygen supply to your skin.
Below, we tell you how you can make this cream, following one of the most well-known traditional recipes. We’ll also take a look at what the science says about how effective each ingredient is when it comes to improving your health and the appearance of your skin.
Also read: Five Natural Remedies to Lift Droopy Eyelids
- 1 cup of clay (5 1/3 oz.): the International Journal of Pharmaceutics details a study that states that the cosmetic industry uses clay as an ingredient in their products to help stabilize emulsions and improve rheological properties. The natural minerals and properties of clay make it a good ingredient.
- 1 teabag of black tea: the polyphenols and tannins present in black tea help to reduce the effects of aging on the skin. Also, thanks to their action on free radicals, they also help to prevent other issues, some of which are more serious. This is according to an investigation published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (2 1/4 oz.): olive oil is a source of healthy fats that are able to prevent the effects of aging on a cellular level throughout the body. Additionally, it can reduce the damage caused by oxidative stress, according to an investigation published in Molecules.
- 4 tablespoons of coffee grounds (1 2/5 oz.): coffee, in addition to being amazing, is a drink that has antioxidizing properties, as a study published in Antioxidants notes. Surprisingly for many, a 2015 study showed that many of its compounds that are the most beneficial for health remain in the soil and the residue after its production and consumption.
- 10 drops of hazelnut extract: this nut contains fatty acids, a type of nutrient that, according to an investigation published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, it’s beneficial for skin elasticity and as a result helps to combat saggy skin, in addition to regulating inflammation and improving cellular health.
- One glass container
Instructions for preparation
Remember that the following recipe is based on traditional medicine and the recommendations are taken from the way people have been using the cream for a long time. Beyond the properties of each ingredient we mentioned above, there’s no evidence that confirms the benefits of combining them in the way we suggest.
- Firstly, heat up a small quantity of water, and when it starts to boil, add a black tea bag.
- Then, leave to rest for a few moments, and then pour into a glass jar.
- Next, add the clay gradually, stirring with a wooden spoon to ensure that it dissolves completely.
- Add the coffee grounds, but don’t stop stirring. Add the olive oil and the drops of hazelnut extract.
- Make sure that everything is well mixed together, and that the texture is creamy.
- If you feel like the paste is getting too firm, just add a touch more tea or olive oil.
- Let the mixture sit in a cool place, away from any sources of direct heat.
- Note: Remember not to touch the clay with metal utensils, otherwise it will lose its properties.
- Since the texture is smooth, the cream is easy to apply. You can make use of this product in any place on your body that you notice saggy skin.
- Make sure you clean the area where you want to apply the cream and, it’s a good idea to exfoliate so that your body can absorb the nutrients more easily.
- Take the quantity of cream that you need, and rub it into the skin in a smooth, circular motion.
- Use the tips of your fingers to apply the cream gently to your abdominal area, your legs, or any other area where you have saggy skin.
- You can also apply a little to your neck and your neckline. These two areas are especially susceptible to premature aging.
- Leave a thin layer of the cream on your skin for a few minutes, until the skin absorbs it.
- After this time, rinse with warm water and a soft sponge to make sure all of the cream is washed off your skin.
You may also be interested in: Six Tips to Tighten Your Skin Naturally
Fight saggy skin with a healthy lifestyle
Although this homemade cream can help to fight sagging skin, the effects won’t be fully felt right after the first application. Similar to traditional medicine, you’ll need to use this over the course of several months before your skin begins to feel firmer and rejuvenated.
It’s important to remember that this isn’t a miracle solution that can fight saggy skin instantly. As we mentioned above, your diet, level of hydration, skin routine, and general body care with healthy habits are all fundamental if you want to prevent premature aging.
Finally, don’t forget that sagginess isn’t necessary just to do with your skin. It could stem from muscle weakening. If that’s the case, you may need to double your efforts and adopt an exercise routine and a diet that improves muscle strength, under the guidance of a professional.It might interest you...