Combat Psoriasis With These Natural Remedies
Psoriasis is a skin disease of genetic origin that can be aggravated by different factors, so it is important to know some remedies to calm your symptoms.
Did you know that you can combat psoriasis with natural remedies?
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that is very difficult to treat and usually worsens with age. Any factor can be the trigger of an outbreak or aggravation of this disorder, such as some food, a stressful situation, or a sudden change of weather.
Any disease that affects the skin will bring us complexes. However, the important thing is not to get carried away by these feelings, since, otherwise, what we are going to achieve is that the situation worsens.
The skin is the most exposed area to contract many types of diseases and more so now with the significant deterioration that our environment has presented.
In this article, we will tell you a little more about this disease. We will also tell you how to prepare some remedies of natural origin that will be very useful to combat psoriasis symptoms.
Symptoms of psoriasis
Among the most common physical complaints of this condition are:
- Cutaneous inflammation
- In the most severe cases there is also pain.
The most common areas where the symptoms of psoriasis appear are the back, the scalp and the extremities. However, there are also cases where it proliferates in the genitals, underarms or even under the nails.
This pathology mainly affects people aged between 15 and 35 years, although the appearance in children and the elderly is not ruled out.
The origin of psoriasis is not known for sure, although it is known to have a genetic and hereditary component. In fact, if both parents suffer from psoriasis, there is a possibility that one in four children will suffer from this disease.
- Climatology. Frequent changes of cold and heat can cause psoriasis.
- Trauma. Any type of blow can be the trigger of the appearance of psoriasis in the affected area. Also sunburn can cause outbreaks of this disease.
- Medicines. The consumption of some medications may contribute to the appearance or proliferation of psoriatic outbreaks. For this reason, it is important that we inform our doctor of the medication we are taking.
- Stress. Any situation that causes us stress can trigger this cutaneous pathology.
This pathology can manifest itself very differently in each individual, so its classification is based on the form, the severity of the injury and the pattern of the scales.
There are many things we can do apart from the treatment that our dermatologist gives us, such as:
- Drink plenty of water during the day.
- Hydrate the skin with natural products such as aloe vera.
- Go to the sea, since salt water is very beneficial.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol.
- Reduce the consumption of dairy products, sugars, fats, and refined flours.
- Improve the function of the liver, kidneys and intestine, to facilitate the elimination of toxins.
- Perform physical exercise two or three times a week.
- Have a restful sleep at night.
Natural remedies to fight psoriasis
Natural remedies will always make it easier for us to calm the symptoms of many of our ailments. However, it is good to remember that in cases like these they should be used as a compliment, without stopping the use of the medications.
Carrots, rich in antioxidants, are very beneficial for all types of skin problems.
- 2 small carrots
- 1 cucumber
What should we do?
- Grate both ingredients, mix well and place on the affected areas.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and remove.
This plant is one of the most friendly to our body and helps us to relieve many different symptoms. In this case we can use it in two ways:
As a humectant
- Aloe vera has amazing moisturizing properties, which will help us refurbish, reaffirm and reduce the itchiness of the skin.
- What we should do is take the gel and apply it directly to the affected area. We will notice improvement immediately.
When drank in juice, this promotes good functioning of the intestine. This organ is closely related to psoriasis and we must try to maintain a good evacuation.
- A leaf of aloe vera
- 3 cups of water (750 ml)
- Put the ingredients directly into the blender, process, and strain before ingesting it.
- Drink it 3 times a day, until you notice improvement.
The omega 3 essential fatty acids contained in flax are very beneficial for the health of the skin, especially for psoriasis. They nourish us from the inside and prevent the drying and itching caused by this disease.
What should we do?
- Take two tablespoons of this oil (30 ml) and put them on the palms of our hands.
- Apply it directly to the affected areas and leave on for 20 minutes, then remove. The quantity depends on the places where the condition is found.
- You can also opt for coconut oil, as this is also an excellent moisturizer.