Coffee Consumption Protects Against Liver Cancer
Coffee consumption first thing in the morning not only helps to strengthen short term memory, but it also strengthens liver regeneration and is rich in flavonoids and antioxidants.
We love coffee. It’s a morning medicine, an injection of energy for the body and for your mood. But did you know that coffee is also an excellent liver protector?
It seems like liver diseases are becoming more and more common. Poor diet or incorrect life habits usually have consequences. Which is why it’s always good to hear positive news like this: drinking between one and two cups of coffee a day can protect against liver cancer.
I’m sure you’ll find this information useful.
Coffee consumption: an ally for liver health
You might be reading this news with a bit of skepticism. You might even be saying something like “I’ve known people who have drank a lot of coffee and still died of liver cancer”. Well, just like everything else in life, you need to look at things objectively and holistically.
- Coffee alone cannot prevent 100% of liver diseases: it is simply a protector.
- Living a healthy life, eating a healthy diet, exercising, and avoiding too much alcohol and smoking, will automatically do a lot for protecting against liver disease.
- Coffee needs to be drank with moderation and balance. Two cups a day is healthiest for optimizing basic functions. Drinking more does not mean that you will intensify its abilities.
But we also should point out that it wasn’t long ago that coffee consumption was advised against because it was thought to be more harmful than healthy. In recent years, however, several studies have shown it to be beneficial for the following diseases:
- Coffee consumption protects against Alzheimer’s Disease.
- It also protects against Parkinson’s Disease.
- According to one study performed by Harvard University, two cups of coffee a day helps prevent type 2 Diabetes.
Let’s now take a look at how coffee helps prevent liver cancer.
Coffee consumption is an anti-inflammatory for the liver
The study supporting this information was published in “Medical News Today” and was carried out by the “World Cancer Research Fund International” in London. According to scientists, coffee’s most interesting characteristic is that of acting as an anti-inflammatory.
- Coffee affects genes that cause inflammation in liver cells.
- People that consume 1 to 2 cups of coffee a day can strengthen liver regeneration. This means that they can heal inflamed cells and reduce the amount of fats in this important organ.
The power of antioxidants in coffee
One curious fact about coffee is that its antioxidants remain active, rather than breaking down.
- Acids in coffee, like chlorogenic, caffeic, or ferulic acid, act as powerful liver protectors.
- These antioxidants stay alive for more than 8 hours.
- According to a study published in the magazine “Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology,” regular coffee consumption can help up to 40% of individuals suffering from hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), which is the most common type of liver cancer.
- Experts indicate that if there is an important reason as to why coffee is a good protector against liver cancer, it’s because of its ability to reduce the risk of diabetes.
Coffee consumption also protects against the risk of hepatic fibrosis
Another interesting fact published in the magazine “Hepatology” is that coffee has the ability to fight against accumulated connective tissue that leads to fibrosis.
Much information is still needed in order to provide sufficient strategies regarding the daily amount necessary for satisfactory results according to the type of patient, but what is clear is that coffee is even beneficial for individuals suffering from chronic liver disease.
More benefits of drinking two cups of coffee a day. Are you ready?
We told you at the beginning: regular coffee consumption helps prevent type 2 diabetes, along with some types of cancer related to obesity and problems with insulin and estrogen.
Make sure to eat a healthy, balanced diet that is not exempt of daily coffee.
Two cups a day cares for your heart
There has always been controversy about whether coffee could cause cardiac problems. We do know that it increases blood pressure, but the key is to always consume it in moderation.
- Coffee is a natural source of antioxidants and flavonoids, which promote coronary artery health.
- Regular and careful coffee consumption reduces the possibilities of suffering from a heart attack. These results were published in the magazine “British Medical Journal.”
- Drinking two cups of coffee a day cares for blood vessels.
Coffee strengthens memory
As mentioned before, coffee can be a small helper in fighting against diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. There’s another piece of information, however, that I’m sure you’ll like.
According to one study published in the magazine “Nature Neuroscience,” the first cup of coffee that you drink in the morning helps strengthen short term memory. This means that it will help you to remember simple daily things, like where you left your keys, or the date you have after work.
So, are you ready to drink two cups a day? Go ahead!