Coconut Citrus Oil for Nourished, Soft, and Clear Skin
If you want to use the oil during the day, covering the area or applying sun screen is very important because the citrus in it can cause spots on your skin.
Coconut oil is great for your health and wonderful as a natural beauty product due to its wealth of vitamins and minerals. And citrus adds a fresh complement for a nourishing coconut citrus oil.
Coconut oil is a nourishing, balancing, and moisturizing oil that helps give your skin a beautiful softness and radiance.
Here we’ll propose combining extra virgin coconut oil with some citrus essential oils. This will bring even more light to your face. Additionally, this will prevent the appearance of spots and get rid of blemishes.
A few decades ago, people criticized coconut oil for being a poor-quality fat.
However, now we know that it is a superfood that is extremely beneficial for people with all different kinds of health issues, and that it’s an excellent beauty product for all skin types.
What’s more, extra virgin coconut oil deeply nourishes your skin. It prevents wrinkles and firms up your skin, all while balancing oil production and making it soft.
A nourishing oil for all skin types
- If you have very dry skin, you can combine coconut oil with almond or rosehip oil.
- For people with oily skin, mix it with aloe vera gel. This mixture is also good for sensitive, mixed-type, and acne-prone skin.
“Take a look at this too: Is Acne Leaving Marks on Your Face? Learn About 5 Face Masks for Pock Marks”
Citrus essential oils
Citrus essential oils, such as lemon, orange, mandarin, and grapefruit, are very good for you and also have a wonderful, refreshing aroma.
- They freshen and revitalize your skin.
- Citrus essential oils make your skin radiant and prevent and fight spots on your skin.
- Additionally, they prevent and clear blemishes and acne.
- And, they have an anti-depressant effect that improves your mood and fights depression, anxiety, and stress.
However, you should know that if you’re going to be exposed to sunlight, you shouldn’t use citrus essential oils because they are photosensitive.
That’s why we recommend using this coconut citrus oil at night to improve skin regeneration and clear spots, or using it when you’re not going to be in the sun.
Coconut citrus oil
Now we’ll explain how to make this nourishing coconut citrus oil.
- 1 cup of extra virgin coconut oil (220 g)
- 20 drops of one or multiple citrus essential oils: lemon, orange, mandarin, grapefruit.
Note: You should use a dark-colored glass container so that the mixture retains its properties.
What do I do?
- To make this nourishing coconut citrus oil, mix and shake the ingredients in the jar until well-integrated.
- However, keep in mind that the coconut oil solidifies if the temperature is under 73 degrees.
- In this case, first melt it in a double-boiler or by putting the jar in a bowl of hot water, but don’t let it get too hot. Then add the essential oils.
- Then, it doesn’t matter if it solidifies, since the oils are already combined to form one coconut citrus oil
- Apply this nourishing coconut citrus oil every night before bed after having removed your makeup and washed your face.
- Avoid the eye area to keep them from getting irritated. Also avoid any cuts or injuries.
- You can use the lotion anywhere on your body where you want softer, brilliant skin or anywhere you have spots or blemishes you want to clear up.
- Or, you could apply it during the day if you’re not going to be out in the sun, or if it will be covered by clothing.
“We recommend reading: Exfoliate Your Feet with Coconut Oil and Salt”
Coconut citrus oil hair mask
Additionally, this nourishing oil is also great for your hair if you are looking for any of the following:
- Softer, shinier hair
- Less oily hair, and balanced oil production
Note: It is not recommended for very dry or colored hair.
- Apply the coconut citrus oil before bed, from the tips to the roots.
- As you apply, apply some pressure and massage in order to improve circulation and absorption of the oil.
- The next morning, wash you hair twice to remove the oil.
- You won’t need to use conditioner.