Detox Your Liver with Beetroot
Our liver needs to be looked after really well and today's remedy to detox the liver with beetroot will help to reduce the dangerous build up of toxins
The liver is the great purifier of our body. It’s capable of filtering the blood to remove large amount of toxins and waste that can adversely affect our health. Experts say that our liver performs over 500 functions. However, there are studies that indicate it may be many more. Hence, it’s important to have a liver that is healthy and functions at an optimum level every day. Because of this, in today’s article we’ll being looking at how to detox your liver with beetroot.
Our liver is able to purify itself without any outside help when we provide it with essential nutrients. However, there could come a time when we overload it and prevent it from operating properly.
A sedentary lifestyle, a poor diet, pollution, or the use of chemicals, among other factors, may result in excess toxins in the body. As a result of this, the liver won’t be able to properly perform its duties.
Luckily, we can purify the liver naturally by eating foods rich in nutrients, antioxidants and other substances. We’ll now share with you our excellent home remedy to detox your liver with beetroot. It should give you positive results within days!
See also: 6 Smoothies to Eliminate Toxins
How to detox your liver with beetroot
Beetroot has popular for decades in cleansing the liver and in the prevention of a large number of illnesses. It is very easy to include this food in your diet.
Added to that, it has a very pleasant taste to use in various recipes. Its benefits for purifying and detoxifying the liver are mainly due to the antioxidants that it contains. These have the ability to fight free radicals in the body, which in the long run could cause illnesses.
It also contains a number of important substances such as betalain, fiber, iron, betacyanin, and folic acid. All of these are vital in order to have a strong and healthy liver. Beetroot contains a fiber called pectin. This is what stimulates the cleansing and the removal of toxins from the liver, significantly improving its function.
In addition to this important benefit, experts associate beets with the healing of a damaged liver. As well as this they can be used in improving the production of stomach acid and preventing free radicals in LDL (bad cholesterol) On top of that they can help to prevent lung, liver, spleen, skin and colon cancers.
Beet remedy to cleanse and purify the liver
We can recommend this powerful remedy to detox your liver with beetroot for people suffering from fatty liver disease. As well as that, it is for people who have liver problems as a result of smoking or drinking alcohol. Our liver can eliminate all the substances that our body doesn’t need, and that in the long term can cause us health problems.
Read more: 6 Warning Signs of Fatty Liver Disease
- 1 glass jar to hold about 3 quarts
- 1.5 pounds of beetroot
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of organic sugar
- 1/2 cup of raisins
Cut the beets into small cubes and add them to the jar along with the remaining ingredients. Pour in the water that you have boiled, but that has now cooled down. Then let it ferment for 6 to 7 days.
Put a gauze-like cloth over the top of the jar so that the mixture can breathe during this time of fermentation. Stir the mixture twice each day. After the seven days are up, filter the mixture into another container and it is ready to drink.
- You should take 3 tablespoons, 3 times a day.
- The mixture must be stored in the refrigerator.
- After a break of three months, you can repeat the treatment.
- It is possible that during the time that you are taking this beet remedy the color of your urine may have a red tint. There is no reason to be alarmed. This is a side effect produced by the color of the beets and is not hazardous to your health.
- In some people there might be an allergic reaction on the skin when eating beets. If this is the case with you, it is best to stop taking this remedy.
- People who suffer from kidney stones or other kidney problems should refrain from trying this beet remedy.
- This remedy is strictly forbidden for people suffering from diabetes. This is because beets have more sugar than any other vegetable. Plus, in addition to the naturally occurring sugar, there is the high sugar content that is used in the recipe for the preparation of this remedy.
- Beetroot can help fight constipation, since it aids with bowel movements. However, if you are having problems with diarrhea, it is better not to take this remedy because it can worsen this problem.