Cleanse Skin Impurities to Look Beautiful
In order to cleanse skin impurities and make your skin look even and bright, you need to make sure you are healthy inside and out. In this article, we will explain how you can do a month-long skin cleanse with natural treatments and remedies that address the root of the problem. This is great for oily or combination skin that is prone to blackheads, acne, boils, etc.
Cleanse skin impurities by cleansing your gut
Your gut is intimately related to your skin, which is why the first step is to clean it out and make sure it is working properly. Constipation is often the number one sign of an unhealthy gut.
If you are constipated, your body isn’t able to properly eliminate toxins and they may end up in your bloodstream. Once they are there, your body will do whatever it can get rid of them through the skin.
There are several natural methods to cleanse your gut and prevent constipation:
- Eat ripe fruit and fresh vegetables every day, especially fruits like prunes, figs, or apples, and leafy green vegetables like spinach or Swiss chard.
- Add ground flaxseed to your food.
- Always eat whole grains: whole wheat bread and pasta, brown rice, etc.
- Take magnesium chloride supplements.
- Drink two glasses of warm water on an empty stomach daily.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day.
- Do water enemas if necessary. These are a much better choice than chemical enemas from the pharmacy.
During the cleansing month, you should follow these tips until you notice that your gut is healthy and feeling good.
We recommend you read:
Drink medicinal infusions
There are lots of medicinal plants that will clean cleanse skin impurities from the inside. It’s possible that you will notice more blemishes the first few days. However, this is common when you are doing any kind of cleanse or detox. Stick with the program and you will soon notice how your skin starts to clear up and look radiant.
- Green nettle: This wild plant cleanses and beautifies your skin and is also great for overall health.
- Burdock: The decoction of this root is useful for more serious skin problems like acne or boils. It is also great for your kidneys.
- Green tea: Green tea is depurative and rich in antioxidants.
- Dandelion: This is also a great depurative and cleanses your liver, kidneys, and skin.
During the cleansing month, you can alternate or combine these infusions, but you should drink three cups a day.
Daily Skin Cleanse
Once you have planned your internal cleanse, it is essential to learn how to care for your skin externally. We recommend following these steps every day:
- Wash your face with cold water in the morning.
- Apply a natural toner. Great options are rose water, witch hazel, or chamomile.
- Once it dries, moisturize with a lotion designed for your skin type. If you don’t have one or don’t want to buy one, organic oils are a perfect substitute. We recommend jojoba oil for oily skin, coconut oil for mixed skin, and argan or almond oil for dry skin.
- Gently massage your face so it absorbs the oils well. Massage will improve circulation and help rejuvenate your skin.
- Before bed, repeat the above steps. If you have makeup on, don’t forget to remove the makeup first, and always use natural products.
We recommend you read:
Exfoliation and Nourishment Once a Week
During the cleanse, you should exfoliate and apply a nourishing mask once a week.
Exfoliating scrubs or peels are essential to cleanse skin impurities. You can make a simple one by mixing salt or sugar with aloe vera (or oil if you have very dry skin) and gently massaging it onto your skin. Then, rinse your skin with warm water and apply a purifying and moisturizing mask. You can make one with green clay mixed and plain yogurt. Apply it and let it sit for approximately a half an hour until the clay is dry.
Next, remove it with warm water and apply your normal moisturizing cream.
You can follow these treatments after the monthly cleansing plan, but we recommend doing them every two weeks instead of every week.
Images courtesy of Danny O, Bkajino, MyTudut, and Wild beauty.It might interest you...