Cleanse Your Skin with Almonds and Rosemary Water
Cleansing our skin every day is as important as moisturizing it with the right products. You should cleanse your skin to remove dirt and makeup as well as dead cells that dull the brightness and color of your face.
In this article, discover how you can cleanse your skin naturally with this ancient beauty remedy that contains almond and rosemary.
There are many other oils that have become fashionable, but they’re often more expensive. However, almond oil is a basic item that many people still use today.
The main virtue of almonds is their emollient capacity, that is, their ability to moisturize and soften the skin.
They also stand out for their soothing properties. That means they’re very suitable for irritated skin, eczema or any skin disorder related to stress.
We suggest that you use raw almonds to cleanse your skin. This way, the mixture you make will also contain its nutrients, even those that are unprocessed.
Using raw almonds will also allow you to gently exfoliate your skin in order to clean it in depth.
It’s likely that you’ve heard some older women talk about rosemary water as a remedy to maintain the beauty of their complexion.
We should all have rosemary oil in our bathroom cabinet because of both its simplicity and efficiency.
Rosemary is rich in minerals (magnesium, zinc, iron), essential fatty acids and vitamins B and C. The latter is highly antioxidant as well as collagen-enhancing, which makes our skin firm and smooth.
Furthermore, this amazing medicinal plant improves your skin’s natural hydration thanks to its circulatory properties. The result is a luminous and nourished complexion that’s not too shiny.
It’s also a powerful anti-aging product, thanks to the vitamin C and fatty acids it contains, it helps to cleanse your skin thoroughly and diminish acne marks.
We can use rosemary water as a cleanser and as a tonic, prepared as a concentrated infusion. Alternatively, you could use rosemary oil, but you must dilute it.
A natural remedy to cleanse your skin
- ½ cup of raw ground almonds (50 g)
- 5 tablespoons of rosemary leaves, fresh or dried (50 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- First, prepare the rosemary water. To do this, put the water to boil and add the rosemary leaves. Let them cook for one minute if they’re dry, or for 5 minutes if they’re fresh.
- Turn off the heat, cover the bowl and let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Strain the infusion and, when it’s warm, mix it with the ground almonds little by little. You should aim to obtain a thick, creamy paste so it doesn’t drip.
- Keep this paste in an air-tight container in the fridge for a maximum of ten days.
How to apply it
As we said, this almond and rosemary cleanser has a paste-like texture that you can apply very easily, as if it were a moisturizing face scrub.
Here’s all you need to do:
- Moisten your face with lukewarm water.
- Take some of the paste (about the size of a hazelnut), then mix it with a little bit of water in your hand to make it more liquid.
- Apply it all over your face and massage it well with your fingertips for one minute, especially in the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin).
- Rinse off the mixture with warm or cold water and dry your face well.
- If you wish, you can apply a facial tonic and moisturizer suitable for your skin type. The tonic can be rosemary water without any other ingredients.
- You can clean your face with this homemade product at night before going to bed. If you have oily skin or acne, you can also use it in the morning when you wake up.
- You can use this exfoliant anywhere on your body that you want to clean, hydrate and soothe, such as areas with spots, eczema, psoriasis or dry skin.
Give it a try!It might interest you...