Clean Your Teeth with 100% Natural Products
Conventional toothpastes contain ingredients that are often too aggressive to clean your teeth. Here are 100% natural alternatives you can try.
Are you looking for some natural, healthy ways to clean your teeth?
Natural and ecological products are made with ingredients that not only maintain oral health, but also provide some therapeutic benefits.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some of these products so you can clean your teeth naturally.
Natural Ways to Clean Your Teeth
White Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay is one of the basic ingredients of natural toothpaste, thanks to its properties as a:
- Alkalinizing substance
- Anti-inflammatory agent
- Re-mineralizing substance
It’s appropriate for everyone, provided that it’s white clay and is specific for oral use. After all, there are many varieties of clay that contain components that can be toxic upon contact with the mucous membranes in your mouth.
Furthermore, you need to make sure that its texture is very fine, without tiny sand that can damage your tooth enamel.
- You can use the clay directly on your wet toothbrush.
- Even better, you can combine it with some of the following ingredients.
This intensely yellow spice excellent health benefits that make it great for your mouth. After all, it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, whitening and antiseptic.
- You can clean your teeth by brushing with turmeric for two minutes and then rinse your mouth out with water.
- Even better, you can mix it with the white clay and you’ll have an even more complete toothpaste.
Coconut has countless benefits as a toothpaste. It can give even it the texture of a gel, and which will make it much easier to use.
In addition to having a very smooth texture and a delicious tropical flavor, this oil contains lauric acid, a component which helps prevent tooth decay and tartar.
It’s very important that the coconut oil is extra virgin, because refined oils lose all their properties and can even become toxic in the long run.
Baking soda has been used traditionally as a natural whitener. It’s true that it helps to clean your teeth and to reduce inflammation in the gums in a natural way.
However, you must not overuse it because it’s very alkaline and can damage your tooth enamel.
- We recommend using it in small quantities by mixing it with other ingredients.
- In addition, always make sure that the texture is very fine. To achieve this, you can grind it or dilute it in a liquid base.
This is an excellent mouthwash that provides all the benefits of thyme.
If you rinse with this infusion after you clean your teeth well, you’ll be benefiting from the antiseptic and anti-cavity properties of thyme. These are also very useful at preventing infections and canker sores.
In addition, it’s also recommended for those who have gums that bleed easily.
- You just need to prepare a concentrated infusion and keep it in the refrigerator for up to four days maximum.
Seawater is another alternative mouthwash that will help to re-mineralize and make your mouth more alkaline in a balanced way.
- Mix 1/6 part sea water with 6 parts natural water (this is the appropriate proportion for your pH).
- This way, the taste will not be too salty.
This mouthwash does not need to be refrigerated since there is no risk that it will spoil.
You might like:
Do you know about this surprising homemade trick?
Banana peels help to whiten your teeth.
- You just need to rub your teeth with the inside of the peel each day for about two minutes.
- Then, brush your teeth like normal.
The result will be a gradual whitening of tartar and stains. This happens thanks to the salicylic acid and citric acid contained in the banana peel.