Are there any solutions? Is there some remedy that can help you to enjoy clean hair for a longer period of time? Find out with us some interesting tips.
Why does my hair stay clean for such a short time?
This is a very frequent problem. Generally, the reasons why some hair loses its shine and silkiness, which it had when we finished washing it, are often due to the following reasons:
- Excessive production of sebum which leads to the annoying and classic greasy hair.
- Our hormones can also cause our scalp to produce an excess of sebum. The changes produced during menstruation, for example, usually cause this problem.
- A poor diet high in fats, sugars, refined flours or bakery products can also cause these metabolic problems by which an excess of sebum is produced.
- You may be surprised, but quite often the shampoos that we use are nothing more than “chemical products” which are more aggressive than beneficial. If you are one that uses the products to wash your hair every day, we are sure that you have noticed that they never give the solution they promise. Many of them in reality make our hair even more “greasy.” It is best to use them just once or twice a week, and instead use natural remedies, such as those we will present below.
What can I do to help my hair stay clean for a longer period of time?
Remedy 1: apple cider vinegar and baking soda
- This remedy, both simple and effective, can be used two times a week. Thanks to it, you will find that the following day you can continue enjoying hair that is light, shiny and silky, without an ounce of grease clumping your hair. This is due, in part, to the baking soda which, thanks to its alkaline properties which regulate the pH, allows us to eliminate the excess sebum from the scalp.
- As for the apple cider vinegar, it is said that this economical resource, is in fact one of the best hair products available. It gives shine and softness to the hair and regulates that annoying grease or oil. To prepare this remedy you only need to dilute a tablespoon of baking soda in water and then add the 3.3 fl oz of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this to your wet hair by way of a soft massage until the mixture reaches your scalp, and then let it sit for 20 minutes. After this time, wash your hair with warm water. You will see how good it looks and how you will enjoy hair that is softer and shinier for at least three days.
Remedy 2: egg, yogurt and lemon
- 1 egg (with both the egg white and yolk)
- 1 natural yoghurt
- The juice from ½ a lemon
- This mask is wonderful and ideal to also use twice a week. Sometimes, remedies so simple as this one give us better results than those costly treatments in the beauty salons. It is worth the effort to try them, at least for one month. You will be surprised not only at how easy and economical they are, but how they give you cleaner hair for a longer period of time. Up to 3 days!
- The use of lemon, for example, is a classic hair beauty product. It helps to equalize the pH levels of the oils secreted by the scalp and give a shine to the hair making it much more beautiful. As for the egg and the plain yoghurt, these act as two powerful nutrition sources to strengthen the hair, provide it with vitamins and regulate the excess oils or grease that makes the hair appear dirty and clumped.
- How do you prepare this mask? It’s very easy. Begin by mixing the egg (white and yolk) with the plain yoghurt, trying to create a well homogenous paste. When you have that, add the juice from half a lemon and continue stirring to create an attractive mask.
- The next step is also very simple: apply the mask to your wet hair, making sure the scalp absorbs it well, this natural and nutritious mask. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water. You will enjoy the results, we are sure that you are going to love this and that you will have hair that is shiny and clean for a longer period of time.