Chicken Wings in BBQ Sauce Recipe
In this article, we'll show you how you can prepare an exquisite BBQ chicken wing recipe. You'll be left licking your fingers!
Chicken wings in BBQ sauce are one of the most enjoyable meals to eat. In fact, they almost always make us suck our fingers at the end. They are almost a requirement in any celebration or event we go to.
It is a very popular meal, which is considered a favorite by all, when it comes to taste. And the delicious taste of BBQ sauce is addictive.
Usually, when it comes to chicken wings in BBQ sauce, the simplest thing is to go to a restaurant and buy an order. But how about you prepare them better at home? In this way, you will give them a personal and distinctive touch.
Apart from that, they are easier to prepare than what you thought. Follow these simple steps to prepare chicken wings in BBQ sauce and you’ll see that in less than an hour you’ll have your guests sucking their fingers too.
Ingredients to prepare delicious wings in BBQ sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 kg of chicken wings.
- 1 white onion (60 g).
- Salt and pepper (to taste).
- 1/4 cup of water (60 mL).
- Olive oil (to taste).
- 60 mL of honey.
- 2 tablespoons of mustard (20 g).
- 1 tablespoon of butter (10 g).
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce (125 g).
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (10 g).
Did you know? What Are Chicken Nuggets Really Made Of?
Preparation of chicken wings in BBQ sauce
Once you have all the ingredients, it will only take you fifteen minutes to prepare the BBQ sauce with which to smear your delicious wings.
Remember to wash your wings very well and spray them with lemon juice to rinse them. Here are the simple steps to prepare this popular dish:
- Chop onion and garlic cloves very finely.
- In a pan, place the butter and a little olive oil, if desired. Pour the chopped onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat.
- Once the onion and garlic are browned, add all the other ingredients, except the wings, salt and pepper. Stir constantly.
- Rectify the flavor adding salt and pepper until they are satisfactory.
- Cook this preparation for 20 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Prepare a baking tray and organize the chicken wings in it. Add a little salt and pepper on both sides.
- Using a brush, add the BBQ sauce around each wing. Make sure you do not use all the sauce as you will occupy it later.
- Place on a preheated oven at 180ºC and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Then, add BBQ sauce on one side and turn the wings to add more sauce and bake for about 10 more minutes.
- Turn them over and add another layer of BBQ sauce.
- Place in the oven again for about 5 more minutes and that’s it!
An alternative preparation
Sometimes we do not have an oven available or we just want to skip baking. The truth is that chicken wings can be prepared without using the oven and the flavor that is obtained is very similar. We give you the simple steps just in case you do not have an oven available.
- Heat the butter in olive oil over low heat.
- Add the chicken wings and pour salt and pepper to taste. Leave them a few minutes until they begin to brown.
- We recommend preparing the BBQ sauce in another pan. Once all the ingredients are mixed, pour the sauce in the pan with the chicken wings.
- Let it simmer until the sauce thickens and sticks to our delicious wings.
And that’s it. In fact it seems like a simpler way, right? Well, some will agree that baking them gives them a different taste. This alternative is more appropriate if you are in a hurry and your guests will arrive at any moment. In any case, this will also depend on the taste of each person.
Do you want to know more? Homemade Chicken or Beef Empanada Recipe
Some suggestions to enjoy chicken wings in BBQ sauce
Chicken wings in BBQ sauce are a classic American food at restaurants and are almost always served with french fries. Of course, there may be some variations.
For example, you can also enjoy them with potato wedges or chips. What’s more, if you want a healthier option, accompany them with mashed potatoes or a garnish of white rice.
If you would like an even healthier option, you can also enjoy your wings accompanied by a salad or some steamed vegetables. Now, enjoy your delicious wings at any time of the year and, why not, at any time.