Chicken salad recipe - you must try it!
In this article, we'll tell you how you can make an exquisite chicken salad to impress all your dinner guests.
A chicken salad is always a good option, especially during the hot months. So, today we’d like to give you a recipe that’s not only highly nutritious, but also very tasty. Will you dare to try it? It’s truly a perfect dish for any occasion and time of day.
Recipe for chicken salad with vegetables
The consumption of this chicken salad with vegetables is an ideal complement to any balanced and healthy eating plan. While you should consult a nutritionist about things you usually eat, this is generally a good option.
The reason? Both chicken and vegetables contain essential nutrients that help promote your well-being. According to data published in Food & Nutrition Research, chicken is an important source of protein, fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
Likewise, vegetables are low in calories and represent an important source of antioxidants. In addition, as a study in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics points out, salad consumption helps you feel sated longer and helps reduce excessive calorie intake. Will you prepare this recipe?
- 1/2 onion (30 g)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 celery stick (30 g)
- 10 stalks of parsley (5 g)
- 1 small bag of potatoes (200 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic (2.5 g)
- 2 chicken breasts (250 g)
- 1 small pack of carrots (200 g)
- 1/2 c. of mayonnaise (100 g)
- 1 tsp mustard (5 g)
- Black pepper and salt (to taste)
- First, to prepare this recipe for chicken salad with vegetables, you’ll begin by cooking the previously peeled carrots and the potatoes in a pot with enough salted water. Place the whole vegetables in the pot since you’ll have to remove the carrots after they’ve been in the boiling water for about 8 minutes.
- Next, the potatoes should stay on the flame between 20 and 25 minutes. You’ll have better control over their cooking point to make sure they’re not raw in the center if you prick them with a fork beforehand.
- Then, place the chicken breasts in another pot, with water, and add the onion and garlic cloves cut into small pieces.
- In addition, add the bay leaf and a little salt to taste. Then, cook this mixture over low heat, until the water begins to boil, at which time you’ll reduce the heat to a minimum. Continue cooking the breasts for 15 more minutes.
- Once the potatoes and carrots are ready, cut them into small pieces and also shred the chicken breasts. They’ll be ready and well cooked by then.
- Finally, place all the ingredients in a separate bowl and add the mayonnaise and mustard. Finally, mix everything well to finish your salad.
Chicken Salad with Tangerines
This second chicken salad recipe is even easier to make than the last one. It combines the pleasant texture of chicken with the sweet fresh taste of tangerines. It’s the perfect dish for any dinner in the springtime. To make enough for two people, you will need:
- 1/2 cucumber (30 g)
- 1/2 lettuce (100 g)
- 2 tomatoes (120 g)
- 2 tangerines (60 g)
- 1 chicken breast (100 g)
- 1/2 c. of sweet corn (50 g)
- 1 tbsp of honey (5 ml)
- 1/4 c. of grated cheese (30 g)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice (5 ml)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil (10 ml)
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (5 ml)
Making the Salad
- To begin, wash the tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce. Then, cut the tomato and cucumber into small pieces, and the lettuce into strips. Once it’s ready, mix it all into a bowl.
- Next, place the chicken on a hot pan with one of the tablespoons of olive oil, and turn it until it is well done inside.
- Then, remove the chicken from the pan, making sure it’s well cooked. If it’s raw in any area then continue cooking it until it’s done.
- Then, transfer it to a plate and chop it up to make sure that it’s well-cooked.If part of the chicken breast is not cooked enough, put it back under the grill for a bit longer until cooked.
- Once the chicken is ready, peel the tangerines and separate it into segments. Chop them into small cubes to allow the juice to and mixes with the salad and accentuate the flavor.
Making the dressing and mixing the chicken salad
- Once everything is ready, mix the chicken, tangerines, vegetables, sweet corn, and grated cheese in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, make the dressing with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and vinegar.
- To finish, pour the dressing over the rest of the ingredients. Stir well so the dressing and tangerine juice impregnate everything, particularly the chicken breast.
This is how we conclude this second recipe for chicken salad. Either option will be a light, fresh and pleasantly flavored dish.
These recipes can be ideal for any spring meal or dinner, either alone, with friends or family.