Celery and Green Apple Juice to Detox Your Kidneys
Both celery and green apple have diuretic properties that promote good kidney function because they reduce water retention.
Celery and green apple juice is a refreshing beverage that can help keep you hydrated, stimulate urination, and, in a way, cleanse your kidneys.
Celery and green apple juice for kidney health
It’s worth remembering that when it comes to your kidneys, it’s not enough to just drink water and have a low-sodium diet
You also need specific vitamins and a good supply of antioxidants that will help them do their filtering properly. That’s why it’s a good idea to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables every day. At the same time, avoid overeating, alcohol consumption, soft drinks, and smoking.
Breakfast is an important meal in terms of taking care of your liver and kidneys. Starting your day with a smoothie or a juice that’s full of nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants is a great option.
Now, we’ll explain why you might benefit from including green apples and celery in your morning juice.
You might like: 10 liver cleansing foods
Celery, a powerful anti-inflammatory
Celery is rich in water and fiber and has anti-inflammatory and anti-diuretic properties. That means it can improve kidney function and stimulate urine production, which helps clean out the urinary tract.
Increasing your urine output helps eliminate waste products like uric acid, kidney stones, and pathogenic microorganisms that cause urinary infections.
Because these two ingredients have diuretic properties, they are great to help treat water retention.
- Aside from having a high water content (which is why people consider it a good diuretic), celery is rich in vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, as well as essential minerals like iron, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, sulfur, copper, aluminum, and manganese.
- Celery contains 3-N-butylphthalide, a type of photochemical that is useful for reducing hypertension and high cholesterol, two enemies of kidney health.
An apple a day…
Apples are a delicious fruit with many health benefits, whether they are red, green, or yellow. However, green apples are better than the other varieties because they have fewer calories and more vitamins and minerals.
A group of researchers from Florida State University headed by Dr. Bahram Arjmandi confirmed that the high content of fiber, pectin, and polyphenols in apples help protect cardiovascular health by reducing bad cholesterol levels.
Pectin (found in the apple peel) helps the body eliminate waste through urine. Consequently, this nutrient can help treat inflammation and kidney problems, which increase your risk of cardiovascular disease.
According to Mireia Elias, a nutritionist at the European Medical Institute for Obesity, apples are great for your health. Not only because they are high in fiber and vitamins, but because they contain cysteine, arginine, and malic acid.
How to make celery and green apple juice
You can make this juice any time of day, all you need are the right ingredients.
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 green apples
- 1 cup of plant-based milk (rice, oat, or almond) (200 ml)
See also: Detox diet with apple cider vinegar
- The first thing you need to do is wash the green apple and celery. Then slice the apple into quarters and remove the seeds.
- You should also chop the celery into pieces.
- Now add them to the blender with the milk and process until well-blended. If it’s too thick, add a little more milk.
- Serve, and drink in moderation as part of your breakfast or midday snack.
We don’t recommend adding any sugar or sweetener to this juice. It’s better to enjoy it’s natural taste so you can get all the benefits that it offers. Also, remember that a lot of plant-based milk has sugar, so if you add more you might be exceeding your recommended daily dose of sugar, according to the World Health Organization parameters.