Do you want to lose a little weight but you’ve already tried all kinds of diets? Or do you simply want to maintain your weight and eat healthier? Then check out our ways to cut down on calories without sacrificing food or flavor after the jump!
Whether you want to lose weight, maintain your weight, or just improve the foods you eat, it’s very important to know how to control the amount of calories you consume. Sometimes, though, people think that cutting down on calories takes a lot of effort, or that you have to say goodbye to your favorite foods.
The good news is that there are several ways of cutting down on calories in the foods you eat every day. So let’s have a look at how!
Cut down on calories at breakfast
- Eat a good amount of grains that are high in fiber, because these will help you feel less hungry throughout the day.
- Choose whole wheat bread, or bread that contains many types of grains.
- Avoid donuts, sweets, and other types of baked goods that are high in fat.
- Choose fat-free milk and cheese.
- Try chicken or turkey in place of bacon.
- Switch out your white sugar for a natural sweetener, like Stevia.
Cut down on calories at lunch and dinner
- Use only one teaspoon of dressing on your salad, whether it be an oil-based or creamy dressing.
- If you want a hamburger, cover it in vegetables and skip the cheese.
- Stick with light beverages.
- Choose whole-grain rice and pasta.
- If you choose to eat a sandwich, use only one slice of bread.
- Meat should be stewed and not roasted.
- Take the skin off of your chicken.
- Season your vegetables with herbs.
Cut down on calories in desserts and snacks
- Choose vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate, or try frozen yogurt.
- Yogurts are a good, low-calorie snack choice.
- Swap out your milk chocolate for dark chocolate.
- Opt for dried fruit as a snack.
Cut down on calories by eating right
- Chew your foods more thoroughly, and for more time.
- Choose smaller plates and serving dishes for your meals.
- Don’t distract yourself with your cell phone or the television while you’re eating.
- Salads are a great low-calorie option.
- Eat a salad or soup before your meal to fill you up without consuming too many calories.
- Eat more slowly and calmly.
Just by using these tips you can cut down on a lot of the calories found in the foods you eat every day; it’s easier than dieting because you’re not depriving yourself of any food, only reducing calories in what you already consume. If you follow these tips every day, you won’t have to stop eating the foods you like, and you won’t have to go hungry.
If you want to lose more weight, we recommend you combine these calorie-cutting tips with some type of exercise. You could go for walks in the fresh air, or ride a bicycle for at least 30 minutes a day. These are some great physical activities that will help you lose pounds.
No matter how you try to lose weight, the most important part is to care for your health, so don’t, under any circumstances, let your desire for a thin body become an obsession. Try to take these tips to cut down on calories in your favorite foods as beneficial for your overall health, and not only for the purpose of becoming thin.