Calm Your Burning Feet with 6 Home Remedies
Burning feet is a condition that affects the majority of people at least once in their lives. It’s an uncomfortable feeling that can be an indication of changes in the nervous system, injury or excessive physical exercise.
It is usually accompanied with a slight redness of the skin, tingling, increased sweating and other discomforts that affect one’s ability to support their body weight throughout the day.
While it isn’t usually an indication of a serious problem, on occasion it’s very important to pay attention to it because it could be a side effect of a more serious illness.
Fortunately, in addition to being able to control it with some medications, there are various homemade remedies that can help to alleviate the discomfort without any side effects.
We want to take this opportunity to share 6 interesting alternatives that you shouldn’t hesitate to make when you are faced with this problem.
1. Essential chamomile oil
Known for its relaxing and sedative properties, essential chamomile oil is a therapeutic prodcut that can calm burning feet.
Its compounds help to improve circulation in this area of the body and help control the inflammatory processes that come with this symptom.
- 2 tablespoons of essential chamomile oil (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (5 g)
- Combine the essential chamomile oil with the teaspoon of olive oil
How to use
- Rub the treatment onto your feet, massaging it in for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat its use twice a day if you feel necessary.
2. Bitter gourd
Bitter gourd is an ingredient that has been valued in Ayurvedic medicine. It is known for its anti inflammatory and sedative properties, which help to relieve various types of this pain.
- 6 bitter gourd leaves
- Water (if necessary)
- Chop up the gourd leaves and moisten them with a bit of water until you have a soft paste
How to use
- Rub the paste over the affected area and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat its use twice a day.
3. White hawthorn
White hawthorn is a traditional remedy for decreasing burning and redness in your feet. Its properties improve blood circulation and help to control discomfort, like tingling.
- 1 tablespoon of white hawthorn leaves (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Pour the tablespoon of white hawthorn leaves in a cup of boiling water and cover the drink.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then strain.
How to consume
- Drink this infusion 2 or 3 times a day.
- Drink it daily until you no longer have the burning sensation in your feet.
4. Ginger and coconut oil
The medicinal preparation of ginger and coconut oil is an analgesic product that can calm burning, pain and inflammation in your feet.
It contains hydrating and revitalizing properties that, by optimizing circulation, decreases the feeling of heaviness and changes in the texture of your skin.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g)
- Pour the ginger powder into a bowl and mix it with the coconut oil until you have a paste.
How to use
- Apply the product to your feet and give yourself a light massage for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the residue and, if necessary, repeat its use twice a day.
5. Witch hazel water
The popular witch hazel water is a natural tonic that can relax your feet and legs. This will help reduce the problems related with poor blood flow.
Its main active ingredients activate blood flow and reduce symptoms like swelling, burning and the heavy feeling.
- 3 tablespoons of witch hazel (45 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- Add the witch hazel to the cups of water and boil, over a low flame, for 5 minutes.
- Cover the liquid and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
How to use
- Pour the water basin and soak your feet in it for 20 minutes.
- Use every day to calm the burning sensation.
6. Apple cider vinegar
This natural tonic has calming and anti inflammatory properties that decrease the symptoms that accompany the burning sensation in your feet.
Its pH acid stops fungi growth and prevents infections and skin issues.
- 3 cups of water (750 ml)
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar (62 ml)
- Heat the cups of water and, without letting it boil, pour it into a basin.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and stir so that it is well-mixed.
How to use it
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes and then dry.
- If your symptoms continue, repeat use twice a day.
Are you experiencing a burning or hot sensation in your feet? Choose one of these remedies and say goodbye to these issues.It might interest you...