Calluses on Your Feet? Get Rid of Them with This 100% Natural Solution
To eliminate calluses, it's very important that, in addition to using the following remedy, you keep your feet dry and always use comfortable footwear.
Have you neglected your feet these last few days? Is your skin hard and dry? Then you might be facing one of the most common foot problems — calluses on your feet.
Callouses are hardened skin that happens when your feet and your footwear constantly rub up against each other. At the same time, it’s a clear sign of dehydration and a lack of exfoliation.
Generally, they form in sensitive zones like the plantar area and the lower part of the big toe. Its presence is unsightly and can sometimes cause cracks and pain.
Nowadays, there are many pharmacological treatments that can help to eliminate them. However, there are also options that are 100% natural and offer similar results.
In this article, we’d like to share an interesting treatment with white vinegar and onion—two ingredients that prevent fungus, among other things.
A natural solution for removing calluses on your feet
The combination of white vinegar and onion has properties that help to soften hardened skin to help remove unsightly calluses that form on your feet.
This simple mixture of natural ingredients aids to clean the skin and reduce the appearance of dead skin cells and impurities.
The benefits of white vinegar
Although it’s become very popular for household cleaning, white vinegar is a multipurpose product whose benefits can also be used in cosmetics and medicine.
- White vinegar has organic acids that regulate the skin’s pH, changing the environment that fungus and bacteria need to multiply.
- In addition, its acetic acid smooths the dermis and softens calluses that form on different parts of the feet.
- It also eliminates foul odors and reduces excess sweating.
The benefits of onions
Onions have a strong odor that many don’t like. Despite this, their high concentration of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties makes them one of the best natural remedies for the feet.
- Two of their most notable components are vitamin C and magnesium—two nutrients that are crucial to keeping skin perfect.
- Onions are also full of sulfurous compounds. Once they’re absorbed into the dermis, they stimulate cellular regeneration and reduce premature deterioration.
- Their natural juices have a hydrating effect and help eliminate yeast and bacteria that cause infections.
Recommended reading: 5 Natural Solutions to Alleviate Blisters on Your Feet
Preparing a white vinegar and onion treatment
This white vinegar and onion treatment can boost your feet’s appearance. It fights calluses, blisters, fungal infections, and other occasional problems.
Even though it can take longer to see results compared to conventional products, its regular application yields good results.
- ½ cup of white vinegar (125 ml)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 glass jar
- A cotton ball
- Plastic wrap (as needed)
- Pour white vinegar into a glass container.
- Peal the onion, slice it and place in the jar.
- Cover the mixture and let sit for 4 to 8 hours.
How to apply it
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it over the calluses.
- Cover them completely and keep the cotton ball in place with a piece of plastic wrap.
- Place socks over the feet and let sit overnight.
- The following morning, rinse feet with warm water and rub the callus with a pumice stone.
- Repeat for 7 or 10 days, until you notice an improvement.
To prevent calluses from worsening, it’s important to couple this remedy with the following suggestions:
- Avoid exposing your feet to hot and humid environments, since they foster calluses and infections.
- Never use tweezers or nail cutters to remove hardened skin.
- Keep an eye on the footwear you use; they’re often the source of calluses.
- Limit your use of high heels.
- Exfoliate the skin on your feet 2 or 3 times a week.
- After a long and exhausting day, put your feet up to stimulate circulation.
Do you want your feet to look soft and healthy? Have you noticed hardened skin? Try this simple treatment and see its properties for yourself.