Exercises to Help You Burn Calories at Home
Exercising is a good habit that helps control weight, reduces your risk of disease, and helps improve our overall quality of life. You don’t have to spend long hours at the gym to reap the health benefits of exercise. Experts agree that exercising just 30 minutes a day is enough. Learn how you can burn calories at home in the following article.
If you don’t have the desire or money to go to the gym, don’t worry, with this exercise routine you can burn up to 600 calories a day and tone your body without leaving your house and/or spending money.
To reap all the benefits of this exercise routine, you should exercise in 40-minute sessions, three times a week, preferably in the mornings. Are you ready to start?
Start to burn calories
Before your workout, put on some music for energy and inspiration as you exercise. Then, warm up your muscles with a few gentle movements of the joints, neck, shoulders, waist, knees, ankles, and hips.
Cardiovascular exercise is vital for staying in shape and can also help you lose weight
Start with an energetic jog or brisk walk around your home for 5 minutes. Then, try going up and down the stairs or break out into a good dance session. You can also opt for cycling, running, or swimming. With these exercises, you may burn up to 200 calories.
Discover: Five Yoga Exercises For Weight Loss
Push-ups can also help burn a significant amount of calories.
- Lie face down with your hands and feet flat on the floor.
- Gently raise your body off the ground and then return to the starting position.
You can do this exercise with your legs fully extended or with your knees bent. For best results, we recommend doing at least 80 push-ups.
Squats are considered one of the most effective fat burning exercises, making them an important part of your routine.
- To begin, stand up with your hands behind your head.
- Lower your body as if you were going to sit down, until you make a 45° angle with the floor.
- Try to keep your back straight and do 60 to 80 repetitions.
Read more here: The Best Exercise Routine To Do At Home
To end your workout, do 12 lunges. They help work out the legs and buttocks, strengthening and toning them. You can do them with or without weights.
- To start, stand with your feet apart. If you want to use weights, hold them in your hands with the palms facing the thighs.
- Then, take a large step forward with your right leg, while the left leg stays in position.
- Flex both knees so that the right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with the left leg.
- Continue until you’ve completed all 12 lunges.
- After you’re finished, remember to stretch your arms, legs, and waist to reduce your risk of muscle aches.
- If you want to stay in shape, remember it’s important to eat a diet low in fat, sugar, and sodium.
- Eat more fruits and veggies. Not only will they help you lose weight, but they’ll also give you the energy you need for your workout.
- If you don’t want to do a full 40-minute session, break it up into four 10-minute sessions.
- Remember to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day for best results.