Weight Loss and Health: Broccoli, Lemon & Garlic
In addition to preventing bacteria from proliferating, these three ingredients can really help you lose weight because they trigger your body to burn more fat while making you feel satisfied
The simple act of combining broccoli, garlic, and lemon can do wonders for weight loss and health, giving you one of the most nutrient rich diets you’ll ever find. Broccoli is usually included as a common food for weight loss but when you add in the lemon and garlic you get many more benefits. That’s why we want you to discover them all with us today.
Are you ready?
The benefits of broccoli, garlic, and lemon for weight loss and health
These foods help you watch your weight
Broccoli, garlic, and lemon are all low in calories. In addition to that, they pack in an incredible number of essential vitamins and minerals that help you care for your body and all its basic functions.
- Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that’s rich in calcium, iron, and vitamins A, C, and E. It’s also very high in fiber, which improves your digestion
- These three foods help balance your body’s pH, removing toxins that your body doesn’t need. This improves your overall organ function and keeps your blood from becoming too alkaline
- Broccoli, combined with lemon, packs in lots of antioxidants that aid in digestion and help eliminate harmful lipids and fats
- Garlic contains allicin, which acts as a powerful antibiotic and has excellent anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce fluid retention, for example
- And don’t forget that the zinc contained in broccoli can enhance the compounds found in garlic
Iron helps fight anemia
Broccoli is very rich in iron. When you add in the vitamin C from lemons you promote a better absorption of this mineral. This in turn comes in handy with any weight loss program: you get strength and energy for the whole day.
Broccoli, garlic, and lemon: a great idea for those over 40
In addition to helping weight loss and health, when you combine broccoli, garlic, and lemon it helps you cope with the onset and arrival of the effects of menopause. Broccoli is high in calcium and phytoestrogens that are enhanced by the addition of garlic and lemon. This is a point in your life cycle when you’ll begin to need that extra “boost.”
Care for your defenses
When you take on a diet to lose weight and reduce the number of calories you eat, you often ignore the various proteins, minerals, and vitamins that you need without even realizing it. That’s why sometimes these low calorie diets can have a negative impact on your health.
One way to lose weight in a healthy way is to add this combination of broccoli, garlic, and lemon to your diet two to three times a week. It helps strengthen your immune system and your body’s natural defenses.
Broccoli, garlic, and lemon for digestive health
This will get your attention: broccoli prevents the proliferation of a bacteria that causes a lot of digestive problems, helicobacter pylori. Lemon, for its part, helps you digest your food better and absorb more nutrients. These three ingredients clearly promote weight loss and health, leaving you satisfied, helping to burn more fat, and giving you energy to get through the day.
See also Foods that burn fat
Recipe for broccoli, garlic, and lemon for weight loss and health
- 1 fresh broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- The juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
Discover the healing properties of lemon peel
- The first thing you need to do is wash the broccoli and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a little water in a pan and steam the broccoli until it softens.
- Once it’s tender enough for your liking, you’ll bake it to make it nice and crisp.
- Place the broccoli on a baking sheet and coat it in lemon juice, olive oil, the chopped garlic, and ground pepper.
- Because the broccoli is already cooked and all you want to do is roast it, make sure you keep it in the oven for no more than 15 minutes, just enough for it to become crispy.
- Turn the broccoli occasionally to brown it on all sides, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- You can also put the broccoli directly into the oven and allow it to cook for 30 to 40 minutes, instead of steaming it first: it’s up to you.
- When you’re ready, toss everything with the teaspoon of grated lemon rind that will give your dish a dash of color and up the antioxidant intake. You’ll love it.