Body Exfoliants for Dry Skin
Homemade body exfoliants, unlike commercial ones, are very beneficial for your skin, especially if your skin is dry.
The combination of clay, mud and salts has incredible qualities and cleans deeply, giving beauty and elasticity to your skin.
To get rid of toxins, it is best to use items such as grape seeds, strawberry seeds, chia, rosehip and quinoa. Thanks to their size, they can easily penetrate your pores and free them of any impurities.
Even with natural products, you need to know which ones to choose in order to take care of your needs.
- For example, clays tend to have a purifying, cleansing and calming effect on the skin, while also working to disinfect and detox.
- On the other hand, mud masks work to clean the skin and completely eliminate impurities.
By being well informed, you can forget about commercial exfoliants, and this will keep you from putting your skin’s health in danger.
The importance of exfoliation
The outer part of our skin is composed of layers of cells that are continually growing and dying. The dead cells keep your skin from being able to generate new ones. This can cause conditions such as dryness and cracking of the epidermis.
If you exfoliate your skin the right amount, you will get brighter, softer and younger looking skin. Since it eliminates dead cells, the epidermal layer can regularly carry out its regenerative functions.
For those who have gone a while without exfoliating their skin or, worse, have never done it, you should start to do so once a week.
In our homes, we can find more things than we could imagine that can help us keep our skin beautiful. And, it’s easy to use them.
We’ll share some with you:
1. Lemon and sugar
- The juice from one lemon
- Brown sugar (necessary amount)
- Squeeze the lemon and strain the juice so that you can mix it with the brown sugar
- Add the sugar little by little until the mixture has the desired consistency, ensuring that it will not drip when you apply it.
- Spread small amounts of the mixture on your entire body, putting more emphasis and pressure on the driest areas, such as the elbows and knees. Use circular motions, being sure not to forget any part of your body.
- To finish, rinse off the exfoliant with a lot of cold water so that you pores will close without absorbing anything.
- The cleansing and disinfecting properties of the lemon, combined with the sugar, which works to remove the dead cells, makes a perfect, cost-effective mixture for cleaning our skin.
2. Coffee exfoliant
- 3 tablespoons of ground coffee (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of oil of your choice (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (10 g)
- Put the sugar and coffee in a bowl and add the oil little by little.
- If you’re going to exfoliate your entire body, we suggest that you double the amount of every ingredient. Once you have a paste, refrigerate the mixture for a half hour before using it.
- You can apply this exfoliant in the shower.
- Spread the coffee paste on your body using slow, circular motions. It can take from 15 to 2o minutes to cover your entire body.
- Doing this will eliminate any dirt and your skin will be left with an amazing aroma.
- To finish, rinse with warm water little by little. This mixture also helps to get rid of cellulite.
- 1/2 cups of ground oats (40 g)
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (10 g)
- Combine the oats and milk in a bowl and mix until you have a consistency that will work as a mask.
- Once you have this, add the sugar to create a mixture that is pasty and ready to be applied to your face.
- Massage your entire face using circles, especially on the forehead, nose and chin, since these are the areas that accumulate the most dirt.
You can use this procedure every 15 days. Remember that it is important to apply a hydrating cream after using an exfoliant so that your skin will be more radiant.
Almond and vanilla exfoliant
- 1 cup of almond, coconut and cinnamon oil (all in the same cup) (200 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence (2 g)
- A cup of granulated sugar (200 g)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- To start, combine the sugar with the pinch of cinnamon
- Then, add the cup of oil little by little, along with the vanilla.
- The exfoliant should be creamy enough that it is comfortable when you apply it to your face.
- Before showering, slowly massage the mixture onto your skin.
- In addition to its natural benefits, you will also enjoy its incredible aroma.
- If you suffer from stress, this is the perfect natural exfoliant for you.
Exfoliants corporales para piel secaIt might interest you...