Allergies are overreactions produced by your body. In other words, you have an irregular reaction to something that is generally harmless to everyone else. And, you can fight them with the best natural allergy medicines.
You immune system is in charge of protecting your body, whether from things in the air or in the food you eat.
The cells automatically recognize the substance and tag it as abnormal.
To do so, your body produces millions of antibodies (immunoglobulins) that circulate in your blood as well as in your bodily fluids in order to attack strange elements.
However, it is still not known exactly why certain substances are allergens and other aren’t, or why some people are allergic to them.
Still, children of parents with allergies are much more likely to have the same allergy.
What substances are you allergic to?
Anybody affected by this problem should get tested (whether with skin or blood tests) to determine what antibody treatment is among the best natural allergy medicines for them.
- The first thing to do is identify the cause of the allergy to keep from exposing yourself to it.
- The next thing is to follow the doctor’s advice and take any medication prescribed. In some cases there may actually be an immunization available.
However, if your allergies are mild and come on suddenly, you can try certain natural remedies for some serious relief. Take a look at the following tips.
“We recommend: Allergic Rhinitis Symptoms and Treatment Options”
1. Epsom salt bath
Epsom salts are anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. And, they are essential for cleansing your body. So, they are among the best natural allergy medicines.
The magnesium reduces inflammation and absorbs excess moisture, and in general, the salts detox your body and thus help with skin allergies.
- 1 cup of Epsom salts (150 g)
- 1 tub filled with warm water
- First add the cup of Epsom salts to the tub filled with warm water.
- Then soak the affected area for 30 minutes.
- After this time, rinse. You’ll see swelling and itching go down.
2. Grapeseed extract
Grapeseeds aren’t just good for skin allergies. They also work in your capillaries to improve blood flow.
- Grapes contain antioxidants and vitamins that strengthen your immune system.
- In addition, these nutrients are responsible for fighting bacteria, reducing inflammation, and keeping the affected area hydrated. So, they work as natural allergy medicines.
- 10 drops of grapeseed extract
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Add 10 drops of grapeseed extract to a cup of water and consume twice a day.
Alternatively, you could consume half a cup of grapes (about 80 g).
3. Eucalyptus water
This remedy is meant to be applied to your things to get rid of mites: for example, your clothes, sheets, and bedroom furniture.
Eucalyptus is like an expectorant, which reduces congestion caused by allergies. It is also antiseptic, great for your skin.
- 2 cups of water (1/2 liter)
- 10 drops of eucalyptus oil
- To begin, use a ratio of 10 drops of eucalyptus oil per 1/2 liter of water.
- Prepare as much eucalyptus water as needed for the clothes or items you wish to clean.
- Don’t use laundry detergent or fabric softener, and dry like normal.
- For furniture, all you have to do is moisten a cloth with the mixture and wipe it down.
- This remedy will get rid of mites and keep your sneezing down.
4. Chamomile tea
Sometimes allergy symptoms get out of control. You get itching, irritation, and redness. It’s practically impossible not to scratch!
But the relief is only temporary because then after a few minutes, the area is even more inflamed. What you need is chamomile tea: one of the best natural allergy medicines.
- 1 tablespoon of chamomile (10 g) or one tea bag
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- First, add the tea to the cup of hot water.
- Let steep for a few minutes.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Apply the tea with a cotton ball to the area, let sit a few minutes, and then rinse.
Take a look at this too: The 6 Best Teas to Help You Sleep
5. Eat better
Eating a balanced diet will support your immune system, especially when it includes plenty of vegetables and fruit because of their high vitamin and mineral content.
It’s also a good idea to switch out saturated fat for healthy fat, as found in:
- Sleep well
- Stay in when it’s especially windy outside.
- Keep your house ventilated.
- Don’t use rugs.
- Change your sheets often.
- Don’t let dust build up.
Are you ready to say goodbye to your allergies? Try these natural allergy medicines and you’ll feel better in no time.