Although we all hate to see fat accumulate on certain parts of the body, we need to remember that it serves two important purposes: it acts as a thermal insulator and reserve of energy. However, fat should be evenly distributed across the body.
The amount and location of fat on the body is important. Not only is the excess fat on the abdomen unsightly, it’s also dangerous. We need to keep it under control because it can reach a dangerous level that can lead to heart disease and other serious illnesses.
Abdominal fat can be reduced with a balanced diet, aerobic exercise and additional supplements that can be incorporated into our daily routines, like slimming infusions, for example.
We’ll tell you all about it in the following article.
Why does fat accumulate on the abdomen and how can slimming infusions help me?
According to the Massachusetts General Hospital, abdominal fat causes a loss in bone density, which increases the risk of developing osteoporosis. When you start to notice your belly is bulging, the first thing that comes to mind is how it affects your appearance or how your pants no longer fit well. In reality, there are much more serious problems that you should be worrying about.
Fat on the abdomen can even cause migraines and frequent headaches, so it’s important to be aware of the reasons why fat tends to accumulate in the abdomen:
- Lack of exercise: A sedentary lifestyle is one of your health’s worst enemies and the main reason fat and toxins accumulate in the body.
- Poor diet: Eating junk food, sweets, soft drinks and large amounts of carbohydrates always lead to an accumulation of fat in the abdomen.
- Hormones: Tiny alterations in hormones cause metabolic problems where the body cannot properly process fatty acids which leads to weight gain.
- Genetics: Your genes are 50% responsible for fat stored in the abdomen. According to researchers at the Sanford Burnham Institute in the United States, your family’s physical characteristics often determine how much fat you store in the abdominal region. If your mother or other close relatives have this problem, do something about it as soon as possible. Watch your eating habits and avoid leading a sedentary lifestyle.
- Stress: When you’re under stress, your adrenal glands release hormones like adrenaline and cortisol. Excess levels of cortisol in the blood stimulate the body to store fat in a process called lipogenesis.
The Benefits of Medicinal Plants for a Flat Stomach
- Purify the body.
- Speed up the metabolism.
- They’re diuretic.
- Help digestion.
- Rich in ascorbic acid, a powerful antioxidant that removes lipids, fats, dead or damaged cells and tissue.
- Lower blood sugar levels and reduces insulin resistance.
- Decrease appetite.
- Relieve anxiety.
The Best Slimming Infusions for a Flat Stomach
Keep in mind that using these teas alone will not help you lose weight. They’re a supplement to a healthy, balanced diet that should include “healthy fats” like those found in blue fish. Don’t forget that daily exercise is essential for a flat stomach and needs to be a constant effort.
The results are worth it and you’ll be taking care of your health at the same time!
1. Hibiscus Tea
Hibiscus is one of the best plants for weight loss and a flat stomach. It’s rich in antioxidants, eliminates fat, renews tissues and strengthens muscles. It can be found in natural stores and herbalists.
- ½ ounce hibiscus flower (it’s sometimes sold in tea bags)
- 1 cup water
- Boil a cup of water, add the hibiscus and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Strain and drink twice daily for 10 days and then stop for 5. It can also be consumed cold with ice cubes. It’s delicious with an attractive red color. Try it!
2. Cinnamon and Bay Leaf Infusion
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup water
Start as usual by boiling the water, then add the cinnamon and bay leaves. Let it brew for 20 minutes, then cool for 10 and strain. Drink every morning with breakfast for 10 days. Stop for a week, then start up again for another 10.
3. Honey, Lemon and Sage Infusion
- 1 tablespoon sage, fresh or dried
- 1 quart water
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
Cook the sage and honey in the water for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes, then strain. Add the lemon juice. Drink this medicinal water throughout your day; it’s one of the best reducing infusions you can make. Follow this treatment for 5 days, then stop for 5. You’ll see the excellent results it will bring!