The Best Exfoliants for Your Skin Type
Correctly using only the best exfoliants can greatly help our skin. It is a simple habit that improves the regeneration of our skin, leaving it firm and luminous while also eliminating imperfections.
In this article you will discover which is the best facial exfoliant, home-made from natural ingredients, according to your skin type.
Examples of best exfoliants
We must differentiate between two types of exfoliants:
- Gommage: These exfoliants are characterized by their granulated texture that, when massaged into the skin, provoke the elimination of dead cells.
- You can use them by themselves or you can mix them with other creamier ingredients like, for example, aloe vera gel or vegetable oils.
- Chemical: Chemical exfoliants act through acids. Inside this category are the most smooth and natural, ones that are made from fruit and vegetable enzymes.
- To use them, apply the ingredient to the skin, let sit until it dries and then rinse off with water.
Both types are effective and offer different alternatives for different skin types.
We recommend that you avoid unnatural chemical exfoliants that can be bought such as conventional cosmetic products.
This is because these products can be dangerous to our skin in the long run. Also, they can be bad for the environment since many do not decompose.
Best exfoliants for every skin type
As you continue, discover which are the best exfoliants for your skin. You can exfoliate every week, or every other week if your skin is dry or fragile.
Dry skin needs deep hydration every day, in the morning and at night, to avoid over-drying and the early appearance of wrinkles. It is usually very beautiful skin, but you have to take care of it so that it does not get damaged.
It is very important to choose the right facial exfoliant since the majority will cause this type of skin to dry out even more.
We recommend the use of an enzyme exfoliant that is not too aggressive, like pineapple.
- You can use a slice, or even the inner part of the skin after it has been peeled.
- It is possible that you will feel a little itching sensation if you have any cuts or open pores.
For those who have oily skin, it is very helpful to use the best exfoliants once a week, even if you notice the effects right away. It will leave your skin feeling soft and will get rid of the shine.
- The best exfoliant for eliminating oiliness is sea salt that, when it comes to skin, we would recommend the use of finely granulated salt.
- Salt deeply cleans while also providing our skin with minerals and trace elements.
Mixed skin types, characterized by having zones that are dry and zones that are oily, require a neutral facial exfoliant that will help to balance the tallow without drying out your skin.
- The best product for this is sugar. You can use fine textured pure cane sugar and combine it, if you’d like, with a few drops of extra virgin coconut oil.
Sensitive skin is the same as dry skin. You will need punctual exfoliations, not too often, but with the correct products that offer the best exfoliants.
- In this case, we will choose a different enzymatic option. Thanks to the incredible skin properties that tomatoes have.
- Also, it is very helpful when we have a sunburn.
Matured skin usually suffers from the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots. These can be fought off with exfoliations that help with the regeneration of the external layers of the skin.
With it we can have firmer, more even, and brighter skin.
- To exfoliate mature skin we recommend mashing grape seeds, which are rich in reservatrol, one of the most potent antioxidants that exists.
- You can even let the seeds sit on your skin for a few minutes so that it can act as a rejuvenating exfoliant mask.
Skin with acne
Skin with acne requires an exfoliant method that helps to alkalize the skin’s pH and fight off infections. The solution can be found in baking soda.
You can add a few drops of essential tree tea oil to multiply its benefits.It might interest you...