The Benefits of Vegetable Milks and How to Prepare Them
You don't have to be lactose intolerant to enjoy vegetable milks. You can alternate these milks with traditional milk so that you can benefit from all of their great health benefits!
Vegetable milks are a great alternative to regular milk. This is especially true for people who suffer from lactose intolerance. They’re also used by people who want to change their diet.
Vegetable milks are made with a water base and several vegetables-based ingredients. Plus, they have fewer calories and are cholesterol free.
They’re a natural source of essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. Plus, they’re easier to digest than cow’s milk, they have less fat, and you can use them to make several recipes.
In this article, we want to share the most beneficial and delicious recipes with you. Try them!
It has very few calories and is loaded with a large number of isoflavones, fatty acids, and proteins.
In addition, it also has vitamins and minerals that help you get the amounts you need for your body to function well.
- Soy milk helps to stabilize your blood sugar levels.
- It controls bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Soy milk even fights the symptoms of menopause.
- It increases the flexibility of your arteries and helps your circulation.
- Plus, it reduces the risk of cardiovascular conditions.
- It protects your bone health.
- Soy milk supports your kidney and nervous system function.
- Finally, it even fights PMS.
- 1/2 cup of soy beans
- 1 quart of water
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Soak the soy beans in water overnight (at least 12 hours).
- Drain them the next day and take off their skin.
- Pour them into the blender. Add 3 cups of water and blend it until you get a smooth drink.
- Strain the mixture through cheese cloth. Then, pour the liquid in a pot.
- Add the other cup of water and the vanilla extract.
- Bring the water to a boil and leave it on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool and store it in the refrigerator. Drink it within 3 to 5 days.
Almond milk is a delicious drink that has a delicious light nutty flavor. It’s good in smoothies, deserts, and other recipes that require milk.
Plus, it has essential amino acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants. These make it a very healthy option.
- Almond milk reduces the cholesterol in your blood.
- It controls diarrhea and vomiting.
- In addition, it helps your digestion.
- It fights nerve diseases.
- Almond milk prevents anemia and fatigue.
- It increases your muscular mass.
- Plus, it increases your mental activity.
- It prevents osteoporosis.
- Almond milk dilutes bile acids, lipids, and sterols.
- It protects your heart.
- Finally, it takes care of your intestinal health.
- 15 almonds, shelled
- 2 cups of water
- After shelling the almonds, put them in a container with water and let them soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, blend everything. Strain it, then drink it.
Oat milk is one of the easiest to make. Plus, it’s also one of the most delicious.
Oat milk is characterized by its high fiber content. It also has vitamins and minerals.
This drink doesn’t have saturated fats. Plus, it gives you a little bit of linoleic acid and vitamin E.
- Oat milk improves your digestive functions.
- It reduces your risk of diabetes.
- Plus, it fights cholesterol and body fat.
- It’s a source of energy.
- It gives you more physical and mental stamina.
- Oat milk prevents premature aging.
- It gets rid of excess bile acids.
- Plus, it improves your skin health.
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 quart of water
- Pour the oats in a pot with water. Bring it to a boil on medium heat. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Then, take it off of the heat. Blend it in a blender. Then, pass it through a strainer.
Rice milk is a light drink without lactose or gluten. It’s a food that’s used to help digestion and fight common problems like diarrhea.
Thanks to the tryptophan and B-complex vitamins, it’s a good option for relaxing your body and fighting stress.
Rice milk is rich in complex carbohydrates, amino acids, and polysaturated fatty acids.
- Rice milk helps to fight insomnia and anxiety.
- It increases your body’s energy usage.
- Plus, it speeds up your metabolism.
- It has cleansing and blood pressure lowering properties.
- Rice milk is very low in calories and helps you lose weight.
- It increases your circulation and controls your cholesterol.
- It’s good for your mental health.
- 1 cup of rice
- 10 cups of water
- Wash the rice well and toast it on low heat without using oils, butter or anything else.
- When it turns golden brown, add water and let it cook on low heat for two hours.
- After 2 hours, strain the liquid and sweeten it to your liking.
So that you get all of the benefits of all of these vegetable drinks, we recommend that you use a different recipe every week.
Remember that they are 100% natural products. They are conservative free. Because of this, they only last 5 days in the refrigerator.